Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Duke64Ghost

Turok Doom

Does anyone know who made this wad who is the author?

And is it possible to build maps for it? I wanted to learn level editing for Doom for sometime and this motivates me to give it a try. I have looked at it before and I have made some Duke 3D maps but this is a bit different.

Anyway, is it possible to make maps here for this wad? It seems to only work for skulltag though so is there a different editor I need? Sorry for the noobing questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRrWFZRn0uc

Judging by this post on Zandronum forums, the author is Murden64, who also made the video.

Skulltag is basically a dead port nowadays (and so are the Skulltag forums where this wad was published in the first place), but it has been continued by Zandronum. All wads playable with Skulltag should be playable in Zandronum too. Some of them need loading "skulltag_data.pk3" and/or "skulltag_actors.pk3" as resources.

You want to make maps for the Invasion gamemode as your first wad? I have no experience with that myself, you might need a special config for that. The go-to Doom map editor nowadays is GZDoomBuilder, but it might lack said config. DoomBuilder2, its precedessor, is more likely to have it. Anyway, for your start of mapping, I recommend you to just grab GZDoomBuilder and make a traditional singleplayer map first, while learning how to work with the editor, include custom resources and such things. ZDoom wiki will teach you everything if you're willing to learn from there, and Zandronum wiki continues with Zandronum(and Skulltag)-specific info.

Thanks and to Murden64 to for making that cool name I like what I was seeing there. I am making something similar to it for Duke and I knew of this wad its pretty well made I wish it had a sp though.

I do have GZDdoom I like it from what I have learned which is minimum that's just due to time though. Thanks for an answer good info and yeah probably best to make a Doom map here, like Duke I would start off with a Dm :)

Also, that post he is talking about Rage Wars wad and there is a topic here about that to hehe. Turok:Doom Wars