Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Memfis

demblues

Memfis said:

kinda challenging slaughter-ish map

sounds about right. still amusing what that descriptor has come to mean :D

no fda because I forgot the -record parameter (though I recall you saying you don't really watch those anyway, so whatever). didn't die, finished in 4:xx. easy map (though I imagine self-imposed challenge of rushing through should be taken into account), the fact that the side rooms (where the PG is) are campable really makes everything after that trivial. nice texture scheme, chill music. symmetric almost to a fault but it's a concise enough that it really doesn't matter.

I think George Carlin said it best:

- How are you?
- I'm fiiine~
- Bullshit!

Anyways, I changed my opinion after a couple of attempts. Clearly a good time in this map should be 1:xx and nothing else. It's not even that hard I think. The fact that it's essentially a single room that just keeps expanding allows you to save a LOT of time by rushing to trigger stuff.

Oh, and ty for welcoming back. :)

That was too hard for me lol
I died countless times in the SS trap, because I got there with like 18 health, and managing the chaingunners with little bullets (so they couldn't hitscan me) was a pain hahaha I enjoyed a lot the experience, though.

fun map! I'm at 3:16 but I definitely think i can do better. proof soon :)

Nice one. I think maybe you could start shooting earlier instead of just running around and dodging everything? I understand that the monsters do part of the job but it feels like you could speed up the process by participating too. :)

I did try that in some of my failed attempts. I felt i was saving myself some time (and rockets) later keeping monsters alive until after the archvile part. I'll give it another try later

i have a tendency to find a strategy that best tests my skill and stick with it rather than one that's actually the fastest :P