Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
riki2321

I can't get sounds to work [Fixed]

First use an audio-editing program like Audacity to convert them into 8-bit wav format, then import them into your wad via SLADE3, then within SLADE3 use "Audio -> Convert to Doom Sound" to convert them into Doom sound format.

By the way, your phrase "tried to insert" is very vague, what exactly did you do with them and for what purpose?

scifista42 said:

First use an audio-editing program like Audacity to convert them into 8-bit wav format, then import them into your wad via SLADE3, then within SLADE3 use "Audio -> Convert to Doom Sound" to convert them into Doom sound format.

By the way, your phrase "tried to insert" is very vague, what exactly did you do with them and for what purpose?

Heh, 8 bit? Could you teach me how to? I don't know that on audacity.

Slade3? Never heard of that. Gonna see

The sounds? I'm using them for the death sounds and I don't give a shit for the USE sound (when you use a door that isn't a door)

How did you even "insert" them into your wad without SLADE3? What did you name them like within the wad? Did you even put them into a wad?

Open the wav in Audacity, go to "File -> Export", select type "Other uncompressed files", before confirming go to "Options", select Header "Wav (Microsoft)" and Encoding "Unsigned 8-bit PCM", now confirm everything and the wav should be exported as 8-bit.

scifista42 said:

How did you even "insert" them into your wad without SLADE3? What did you name them like within the wad? Did you even put them into a wad?

Open the wav in Audacity, go to "File -> Export", select type "Other uncompressed files", before confirming go to "Options", select Header "Wav (Microsoft)" and Encoding "Unsigned 8-bit PCM", now confirm everything and the wav should be exported as 8-bit.

Got that!

Now how to do that with SLADE3

After you import the wav into a lump, right-click the lump to bring up context menu, then do what I told you before ("Audio -> Convert to Doom Sound").

scifista42 said:

After you import the wav into a lump, right-click the lump to bring up context menu, then do what I told you before ("Audio -> Convert to Doom Sound").

Failed to convert some entries, Check console.log

What the (not running in admin mode.)

Also my doom folder is empty!! what just happened

riki2321 said:

What the (not running in admin mode.)

Also my doom folder is empty!! what just happened

Lost everything just did a system restore, files lost, help please so i can get my files back plz i lost my doom2.wad my tnt.wad doom.wad etc

I can't help you, but you have better chances to get help if you create a new thread and detailedly explain what exactly did you do before the files disappeared.

scifista42 said:

I can't help you, but you have better chances to get help if you create a new thread and detailedly explain what exactly did you do before the files disappeared.

Nothing happened, what i did is

Open slade3

Choosed my DOOM folder riki2321/escritorio (desktop)/mis archivos personales/doom

open to rikiadventure.wad

import sound SDOOF.wav

make sound doom format

message opened saying

I went to see what happened

NOTHING WAS ON MY FOLDER

riki2321 said:

Lost everything just did a system restore, files lost, help please so i can get my files back plz i lost my doom2.wad my tnt.wad doom.wad etc

Hey man! I got no problem! I got my files back anyways. But lost entire wad