Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Best zombie game ever

At first I thought this was just going to be a yet another video of Mark tearing apart another bad early access survival game. That appeared to be the case during the first half or so of the video, but that was until about half way through when he got to the zombie section. The animations are some of the most horrible I have seen in any game ever. The part where the zombies were trying to crawl under the car almost made me fall out of my seat in laughter. Skip to 6:18 to get to the zombie part if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

Is this the best zombie game ever or what?

Jim or nothing. No one buys these games but Youtubers. Steam is getting full of $1 games now. Its not the worst game I've seen or even played. Probably worth $1, but well I can have a cheeseburger.

"The people" greenlight these games. Democracy is the best and worst wrapped up in one.

But does Doom really count as a zombie game seeing as the zombies aren't the main enemies? The player fights mostly demons while zombies are just thrown in as cannon fodder to distract the player.

hardcore_gamer said:

But does Doom really count as a zombie game seeing as the zombies aren't the main enemies?

Depends how strict your definition of "zombie game" is. Was it even a term before you made it up?

hardcore_gamer said:

But does Doom really count as a zombie game seeing as the zombies aren't the main enemies?

You just called 'Dinosaur Hunt Africa Contract' the best zombie game, but Doom doesn't count because demons?

Ok, then let's go with half-life.

I've spent many hours on WaW, BO1 & 2 zombies. I liked the rock-solid and arcadey gameplay but hated the artificial health multiplier on the zombies and the way how boring the rounds become at 20-25+ on the larger maps. I still consider WaW the best of them where the maps were more compact and tense. Since BO1, the main highlight was being focused on the pointless story with the gimmicky quests.

This game looks like it was made on an older version of the First Person Shooter Creator. Like, everything looks like it was made on that, and done with beginner's knowledge of the program at best.

Clonehunter said:

This game looks like it was made on an older version of the First Person Shooter Creator. Like, everything looks like it was made on that, and done with beginner's knowledge of the program at best.

Don't all games made with fps creator look like total shit to begin with?

I've seen a few decent ones. Mind you, very few. There was later an FPS Creator X10 that looked promising, but then it shut down before it was really released.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Left 4 Dead

^ My two favorite zombie games.

I wouldn't really count Doom as a zombie game, since they only make about 1/3rd of what you kill, but we all know Doom is amazing regardless.

7 Days to Die is the best Zombie game I know of. It uses the mechanics of Minecraft with a great use of interactive assets of a survival / crafting / looting game.

Doomhuntress said:

Doom is THE best game, so i guess it's only fair to give Resi 4 the best zombie-game award then.

There are no zombies in RE4. At all.

And RE2 is better.

hardcore_gamer said:

Who cares about exact definitions? If it looks like a zombie and acts like a zombie, it's a zombie.

Doom confirmed the best zombie game.

hardcore_gamer said:

Who cares about exact definitions? If it looks like a zombie and acts like a zombie, it's a zombie.

Don't be retarded. Even the game itself explicitly states otherwise:

Besides which, the ganados don't act like zombies at all.