Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jannak

Wolfentstein TNO sequel is probably in development

Source is in Polish, so I'm translating a snippet:

During a breakfast TV show, actress Alicja Bachleda-Curuś was asked about her current employment and answered:

"I'm continuing the realization of a video game, I've already finished the first part and now we are doing the second, it will take two more years"

then, when asked if she likes video games, the actress answered:

"I played this game when I was a kid and I don't know if I can say this, but I was really happy when I reached the moment I could shoot Hitler"

http://www.miastogier.pl/wiadomosc,31552.html

Other Polish sources report this as well, the actress played the role of Ania Oliwa in TNO.

Edit:

Source in English thanks to ~Kiwi~v2

http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=285

Apparently since BJ died in the first TNO, it seems we might have our first female protagonist in a Wolfenstein game which I think it's also hinted that the main antagonist might be more than likely (and finally after all this time) Hitler himself since Deathshead also died in the first TNO...

I see three possibilities:

1. BJ Survives...though I'm not sure how much more of this he can take.

2. We get to play as his son in the 80s or 90s.

3. We get to play as Anya. Sure, she may seem like a Virgin Mary-like figure but if you've listened to Ramona's audiologs (who later reveals she is actually Anya), she's actually extremely vindictive and will do anything to kill Nazis. In one story she gets impregnated by a nazi and aborts the baby. It might not sound that extreme but the way she describes it...kinda sick.

DooM_RO said:

I see three possibilities:

2. We get to play as his son in the 80s or 90s.

3. We get to play as Anya. Sure, she may seem like a Virgin Mary-like figure but if you've listened to Ramona's audiologs (who later reveals she is actually Anya), she's actually extremely vindictive and will do anything to kill Nazis. In one story she gets impregnated by a nazi and aborts the baby. It might not sound that extreme but the way she describes it...kinda sick.

By the looks of things I think 3 is probably the most likely outcome as hinted by the article like I said in my OP....

Jannak said:

By the looks of things I think 3 is probably the most likely outcome as hinted by the article like I said in my OP....

We'll see.

Also, Wolfenstein is the trending on Twitter and is above SOMA, despite not even being announced yet.

I can't wait to play the sequel. I really really enjoyed TNO and The Old Blood. Levels felt small-ish and would have liked more exploration but this game had some of the best shooting I've seen in years.

If there's a probability that the new protagonist is a female, then i would like it to be a bad and cold-blooded woman, in other words, a mean nazi-killing machine.

J.B.R said:

If there's a probability that the new protagonist is a female, then i would like it to be a bad and cold-blooded woman, in other words, a mean nazi-killing machine.

Yeah, just like Anya. She's so dangerous because she is so smart and can pull the "affectionate mother" so effortlessly. She would make a great spy/assassin.

Linguica said:

I'd prefer a Machinegames Doom game on idtech6...

I take it you're not a fan of the current Doom 4? I know that it's playing it safe in a lot of ways, but I personally think they're doing a good job repackaging a lot of Doom's core ideas for a new generation. More takes on the Doom universe are always welcome, IMO.

DooM_RO said:

Yeah, just like Anya. She's so dangerous because she is so smart and can pull the "affectionate mother" so effortlessly. She would make a great spy/assassin.

She was a serial killer and preyed on nazis for almost a decade. The journal she reads you is about her self and not her "cousin" as she implies at first. She admits this with the last entry and a few of the later ones hint to this as well. She has been the one taking care of BJ, so was her "cousin" as she put it.

My question is how does this effect the so called "Id timeline." Remember Billy Blaze is suppose to be BJ and Anya's grand child. If I recall the doom and quake guys are suppose to also be descendants. All out the window as it stands. Maybe this is Id's way of killing off Commander Keen for good, he was never born.

The game was fun, but not what I expected plot wise. All I can say is lay off the Spirit Science videos developers, we don't need "space jews" to be a thing. Spirit Science is a crazy youtube animator that claims Atlantis was founded by Martians and space Jews, among many other crazy ramblings. I was expecting a time travel story from the first trailer I saw, not what we got. Still I enjoyed it and would like to see what happens next. We have a new villain anyways. We have Frau Mangle.

Did the old guy in the game call BJ "chim-chim" like a chimp? That's some funny shit. I was calling him Bruce because I felt I was playing a movie played by Bruce Willis, BJ gets beat up like a standard Bruce Willis character. This didn't feel like a Wolfenstein game to me. I felt the 2009 one was a little more to the original.

DooM_RO said:

Perfect Dark set in 60s with futuristic nazis? Sounds legit.

I think BJ will survive the end of TNO, if I recall correctly there was some hint at it, possibly some sort of helicopter sound or something in/after the credits. But it wouldn't really matter for my enjoyment of the potential sequel. I've got enough of him in TNO and while I liked what they did with his character, I doubt he can be taken to more interesting places now. Wouldn't mind playing as Anya at all!

I absolutely loved TNO's story and presentation (ESPECIALLY presentation), although in my opinion The Old Blood was kind of a piece of garbage. Here's to hoping they get their budget and effort back for the new game and don't just hastily shit out something like TOB again.

DooM_RO said:

Just throw some dog food at his body. If he's not dead yet he'll get back on his feet.

Heck. In Wolf 3D he can heal himself when he's severely wounded by slurping up blood puddles. So just have him slurp up his own blood and he's effectively immortal.

Gez said:

Heck. In Wolf 3D he can heal himself when he's severely wounded by slurping up blood puddles.

Man, I never knew you can do that.

Ha, what the hell? That's fucked up. Is BJ some kind of vampire or something, is that why he's so fast? Wait, is that why Doomguy is so fast? Wait, is that why Billy Blaze is so pasty and pure white? Holy shit, it all makes sense now.

Now I'm imagining BJ in a Dracula cape crawling around slurping blood puddles awkwardly. It's fucking hilarious.