Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Pictures from my a few of my old Skulltag maps I made when I was 12 (was checking them out again) :/

Also I'm still using those map names so NO stealing! :S
I guess I can give you this, eh, Director's Cut edition (couple of maps removed including 300 MBs of music from the original, I guess I should put the maps back in though for interest) of the wad in a PM if anyone's interested, it's still a bit glitchy, especially the final really crappy snow map (the first 3 maps are the best) :P
Also found my very first thread featuring the original generation cupcake maps (too bad some of them are pretty much lost) : https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/64613-wads-i-made-when-i-was-10-12-years-old/ >.>

EDITx57.2: Okay I was using tinypic but I don't know how to get thumbnails to be a link to a fuller image :s
Also I was hoping to have the images organized beside each other and not just go downwards. Really anything to have my post not take a lot of space.

EDITx75.09 and ongoing: Thank you rdwpa!

Godling said:

Well, the thread title does say "picture" and not "screenshot", making this pic the closest to title yet. So no more screenies then... everyone get out your box of crayons. Seriously.. a crayola art thread... yeah. lol :)

Also totally tempted to try inking and coloring that thing... could be fun... wonder if it'd be any good?

Do it!!!

TraceOfSpades said:

Do it!!!

Thanks for the nod of approval Trace. /bow

I've never actually done this before but alwats wanted to and a Doom drawing is a great place to start. No promises on how long I'll take though... because... /chants_LetsGoBlueJaysLetsGo

Rayzik that looks awesome!

Godling: No problem. I am happy seeing that you liked my drawing! Definitely send it to me if you ever get around to doing it.

SuperCupcakeTactics said:

Lookin' pretty slick there Rayzik B^)

Nicely done drawing TraceOfSpades, I think the shading on the upper lip there could also pass for a tiny fuzzy mustache ;)

Thank you, sir. Yeah, my Caco is a fancy mustachioed demon. He's just missing a top bat and a monocle.

Was browsing through the old shots again.

Those wall pipes looked wrong to me no matter what I did. I don't think I even included them in the public texture pack.

Found my mojo again. Overall, about 85% finished. Three maps left to do, but they've all been at least started ;)

Memfis said:

Arch-Vile Jump goes to cyberspace?

Memfis...I forgot all about you. But I never forgot your custom title. I recall reading your explanation of it months ago, and every now and again it just pops in my head and it gives me a chuckle. God to see you again.

@Da Werecat

Holy crap, that's cool. Looks kinda like a mixture of Hacx and Blood with Powerslave's pistol. What project is it?

It's called Marauder and it pretty much flatlined some time ago.

Katamori said:

Da Werecat: Vanilla texture packs for the damn win!!

Speaking of which, I should probably update the pack to be actually vanilla compatible. Some of the textures are too short.

Da Werecat said:

Was browsing through the old shots again.

http://i.imgur.com/xtxyUN6.png

Those wall pipes looked wrong to me no matter what I did. I don't think I even included them in the public texture pack.

Is this a downloadable WAD? Looks— promising, or nice at least.

In Eternity, if fake floors are water, that must mean that slopes are oil.

(yes, this map is very early and WIP, I know it looks like shit even without the bug)

This is what happens when you put RGBA8881 data in the wrong spot.

Color channels are still in the incorrect location this time.

After that is correct and the correct color space Doom is in (sRGB) is used.