Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

Nuggets - a short film

I am not certain how many of you have viewed this short film, but for those of you who have not, I encourage you to do so. For me, it was pretty moving.

For those of you who might be struggling with an addiction, or addictions, this cartoon will definitely resonate with you.

Very true life based, film, if you can call it a film.

I had one friend who would smoke cigarretes everyday, I said to him "Why are you smoking it? It doesn't make you high or anything."
He said "The first three times I smoked those, I was tripping and wanted to get more of the same sensation."
I asked him "Then why do you keep smoking these?"
He told me "Now I just smoke it to be fullfilled, it doesn't do a thing, yet I want more."

As someone who recently quit smoking, I can tell you cigarettes still work 15 years later. What they do is numb you to normal aches and pains that may be indicative of looming health problems. If you're a smoker and your doctor tells you "outlook not so good"... just keep puffing. That's the best it'll get for the rest of your short life.

Yeah, I thought it was good. My only criticism was how abruptly the drug stopped working. There should have been more accurate nuance with each high; they all seemed to be the same, until suddenly and quite abruptly the high was not very good. But I guess the way they did it it has more dramatic effect.