Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrea Rovenski

Doom 2 UV Max Movie in 1:39:54

I think it deserves its own thread, I've been grinding out UV Max of Doom 2 for the past week or so, and finally reached my goal time, under 1:40.

Quite a few close calls, like on MAP22 I got obliterated by chaingunners all over the place, and on MAP25 I was brought down to 8 health... I really hate that spot with the key, it never goes well for me. I also lost a monster on MAP15 and wasted some time hunting him, which kind of sucks. Quite a few maps were some of my best times I ever got, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 28, and 30 were all pretty great! This run also has a new episode 1 record :)
This was my 277th attempt at a D2ALL (Probably 200~ of those were just in the first few maps, though), and the overall difficulty of the run was extremely easy, especially after doing MM and TNT, so much so that I was able to do a lot of single-segments so quickly.

Also, hey, I can finally attach a max movie!

YouTube Link

doom2max13954.zip

Pretty long movie to finish in one go. Watched only half of it, but will definitely come back to it later. This evening, i think. Nice run so far.
BTW, can you guess what? Of course you can! Say hello to mr. Broken Record! He's saying: "With tools it would be even better!" You may call me a TASoholic... but man, seriously, think about it.

Akse said:

BTW, can you guess what? Of course you can! Say hello to mr. Broken Record! He's saying: "With tools it would be even better!" You may call me a TASoholic... but man, seriously, think about it.

This is a completely irrelevant observation in a non-TAS thread. :p

dew said:

This is a completely irrelevant observation in a non-TAS thread. :p

Why? I'm just trying to entice him.

Cyberdemon531 said:

This was my 277th attempt

The successfully cloned sheep called Dolly was also the 277th attempt of the year (1996) to create a viable mammalian clone with Dr Wilmut's method. So, your speedrun and the first cloned sheep are roughly at the same tier on the scale of awesome things.

I like your MAX movie but i have a few questions:
1) How did you find out that last imp in exit room in map10?
2) Why did you reached secret with sphere [that bridge] which leads to Aracnotrons in last moment instead start from it in map13? Pressed lever and ran to elevator. Strange...
3) Seems like you was more oriented on non-tas route than a on TAS route isn't?
4) What's your next movie?

Nice job, max movies are not my sort of thing though, but I can imagine a lot of time was put into this. Just remember next time that you should shave off attoseconds. [/sarcasm]

Akse said:

Pretty long movie to finish in one go. Watched only half of it, but will definitely come back to it later. This evening, i think. Nice run so far.

Not going to lie but a TAS UV max movie would be insane, but I tend to stay away from extremely long demos and I just personally don't find UV max movies as entertaining as say UV speed and NM speed movies or single level maxes.

Azuruish said:

I like your MAX movie but i have a few questions:
1) How did you find out that last imp in exit room in map10?
2) Why did you reached secret with sphere [that bridge] which leads to Aracnotrons in last moment instead start from it in map13? Pressed lever and ran to elevator. Strange...
3) Seems like you was more oriented on non-tas route than a on TAS route isn't?
4) What's your next movie?

1)having played the map dozens of times and knowing that an imp teleported in the cyberdemon room
2)Prefer health later than sooner
3)this is not a tas movie
4)plutonia if I dont get mad at map12 again and quit

Cyberdemon531 said:

3)this is not a tas movie

I know. But was disappointed in map14 (for example) because you just ran there where you already was.
Interesting in these '200 attempts' what was wrong? died in map24 or not fast enough?

Never died on 24, but mostly on 1-3 I reset due to slow times or deaths. I hadn't died at all in episode 3 aside from my first attempt that made it to 30.
As for 14, the route I use isn't too slow, I'm sure you could work in the skips to make it faster, but I didn't want to bother with basing my route around an easily missable jump/s.

Springy said:

Nice job, max movies are not my sort of thing though
I just personally don't find UV max movies as entertaining as say UV speed and NM speed movies or single level maxes.

We're on the same page here.

Springy said:

don't find UV max movies as entertaining as single level maxes.

'Cause it gets boring after awhile. TAS too, though, if it's 40min plus.. But with tools it's more entertaining, in my humble opinion of course. Check out entryway's e1 max movie to understand my point.

Wow sick run! This is one of the most prestigious records to own imo. I love watching the UV-max movies and cant wait to see plutonia. I'm working on a random max movie myself that I hope to finish this week.

Akse said:

TAS is for pussies.

:^)

Azuruish said:

And this said that who did demo on Hell Revealed 2...

Yes. Live with it!

P.S.: You must be a really patient pussy in order to master TAS.