Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

This Week in Doom is back!

Thanks to one of the forum members here - Thanks to FONZE for volunteering to research and write the weekly update - This Week in Doom is back up and running.
Hopefully this can continue for awhile, keeping the community abreast of all the goings on in the Doom community.

http://www.doomwadstation.net/twid

On the other hand, there is a point in questioning the mention of New Gothic Movement 1. It is not a new wad, it was made in 2010. The only factual news is that the wad was recently played in ZDaemon's weekly survival session, but the DWS review doesn't acknowledge that at all.

To be honest, the wording there is utterly terrible. It sounds like it presents a new megawad instead of announcing an event using a modern classic.

edit: Ninja'd by scifista, because I keep my tabs opened for too long.

scifista42 said:

On the other hand, there is a point in questioning the mention of New Gothic Movement 1. It is not a new wad, it was made in 2010. The only factual news is that the wad was recently played in ZDaemon's weekly survival session, but the DWS review doesn't acknowledge that at all.

Well, you are certainly welcome to send me an edit of that particular section.

Chris Hansen said:

D'oh! What the hell did you do to that screenshot from Monument!? :D

Hahahahahahahahah....... :P

Keep 'em coming, as I can't really keep up with everything that's released so I appreciate these round-ups!

Mmmm maybe mention on the birthday speedmaps that they weren't mapped by myself, but rather those who wanted to participate in the event.

Just a suggestion, otherwise cool article!

Chainguner and has the very descriptive name of "Chainguner's Wad Pack."

Sorry for my mistake in .txt file, but:
Chaingunner; "Сhaingunner's Wad Pack"

>.<

Sorry for the couple of errors, I certainly could (and should) have done a better job with that.

On the pic, idk what happened there; it looks blank right now. It was supposed to be a shot of the boss arena from the entrance because it looked so cool and yes, I enjoy The Simpson's with my Ultimate Doom wads, unless they offer new sprites. I feel it also helps those looking quickly for an Ult. Doom wad to be able to tell it from the picture, as in Vanilla that Simpson Doom mod did not work with Doom 2 (crash).

As for Chaingunner's name, idk what happened there either; the sad thing is that I apparently had your name right the first time, then looked back and thought I saw only one "n" so yup, there's that.

I also should have typed more out for each map coming in. Sorry about that fellas; I'll do better with time.

Ah October the 4th, how u turned me 30. I wanted to ask for a birthday map but felt to guilty to ask for one, maybe next year

Well happy birfday anyway bro! 30's startin' to get up there, but at least you're not walking around wondering if it's Salisbury steak day at the old folks home, afraid to use a computer, or a danger on the road yet.

Oh and hey, look at the bright side; at least you got something to look forward to ;p