Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

scifista42 said:

(with removed unused textures)

:o That's nifty! Maybe I should lose more wads so that they can get same treatment...
Thanks!

I'm looking for 2 WADs that I played a few years back. I can't remember too much, such as if there were multiple maps or just one etc. but I hope someone can help me with what little information I can provide.

The first WAD, I can't remember how it starts off, but there were parts (or even large sections/majority of the map or levels) that used a black and white tile floor. The black floor tiles weren't completely black, but more of a dark grey. If I'm remembering correctly, there were Pinky Demons that had a red upper body and silver legs. There was also a part where you would fight an enemy Doomguy.

The second WAD I'm almost certain was a single map. You started in a niche in a small/medium sized room. To your left there were a few steps up to a window that had a transparent glass. The outdoors area that you could see from the window was large, and I believe there was a Spiderdemon accompanied by other smaller enemies (Barons?). To the right, on a platform or at the top of another set of stairs, there was a Cyberdemon guarding a switch behind it. I'm remembering somewhere in that room there was a Plasma Rifle and ammo, but I honestly can't say with any certainty what weapon was provided for this first room.

I can remember there were Belphegors on this map because it's the first time I've encountered them. I also remember there was a rather large room which had a big fan on the floor inside of it. I believe it was meant to push you up into a corridor at the top. For some reason the word War is coming to mind when I think of this map, but I could be way off. I think there was also what appeared to be an office with computers somewhere on the map.

Thanks in advance!

DooMGo2It said:

The first WAD, I can't remember how it starts off, but there were parts (or even large sections/majority of the map or levels) that used a black and white tile floor. The black floor tiles weren't completely black, but more of a dark grey. If I'm remembering correctly, there were Pinky Demons that had a red upper body and silver legs. There was also a part where you would fight an enemy Doomguy.

Void

Hi guys.

Looking for a megawad. Not sure how old it is. The last level of the wad was all the previous levels in one. For example, if it was an 8 level wad, level 8 was 1-7 COMBINED.

Thanks to any one who can help me find it again.

You gave very little information about the nature of the wad, no description of appearance, gameplay or specific traits whatsoever, and so I'm worried that our suggestions may not be what you're looking for, because there may be multiple wads that fit your vague description.

I know of one wad that does this - Secretdoom: The Green Machine. It has 10 levels + 2 secret ones, so it's not really a megawad (MEGAwad should have >15 levels). It's also a relatively new wad.

scifista42 said:

You gave very little information about the nature of the wad, no description of appearance, gameplay or specific traits whatsoever, and so I'm worried that our suggestions may not be what you're looking for, because there may be multiple wads that fit your vague description.

You're right. My apologies. It was so long ago that I played it that I really couldn't begin to describe it. I appreciate your efforts though

Memfis said:

Could be Deus Vult.

This is it. Thank you. When I saw the first level, I knew. Thanks so much.

Hi all im trying to find a wad that had you fight against marines in uac complexes, im think it was called UAC revolution or something but its been years since i've played it

I'm looking for a wad where there was a level set in a corrupted base with lots of flesh/brain parts, there were many monster spawners and to progress you had to kill some keens which were replaced by hanged marines wearing a straitjacket or something similar.

Demon of the Well said:

Gaspe: Sounds like Hadephobia.

Yeah, it's that. Thanks!

After DTWID was released there was also a collection of "rejected" maps that didn't make it into the final.

I must have it somewhere, but don't remember the name... can someone please help me out?

also... was there something similar for D2TWID?

I'm looking for the first release of Doom Core, before valkiriforce decided to make it vanilla compatible. I want to look at the original versions again and if I remember correctly there is even a unique map that doesn't appear in dcv.wad.