Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dislogical

[W.I.P.] Yet Unnamed Aztec/Egyptian/Greek themed WAD

Memfis said:

I'd say finish this fully and then release it. I don't know about others but I'm personally getting tired of the modern trend of releasing demos/betas/etc. IMO it's much more exciting to get a full finished WAD after a long wait than to get 5 levels, then 5 more, etc. And if you want some playtesting just send your maps to a few selected people, no need to show unfinished work to the whole world.

Well, of course I can just ignore the betas so maybe this is a dumb post... The wad looks promising btw, I'm a big fan of RUINBROS' visual style.

i wont play a wad till its done period. ive never played BTSX.

Intriguing screens!
As a long-time fan of historical level settings, I shall be glad to try this out as soon as it is released. Keep up the good work! :-D

As usual, got back to do some more mapping after some months.
Map05 in the work, here's a screenshot for you guys. Also featuring one of the biggest (and hardest) bridge I ever did, a pain in the ass to build :

@ Deathevokation : don't worry mate, I won't give up, even if it takes me forever haha =)

@ Gaspe : thanks a lot dude!

I think it will fit in the "classical" gameplay style. Not in the slaughtermaps style at all, neither for the noobs. Medium difficulty, focused on the architecture, mainly to offer a challenge without the need to know the whole map to nail it.

Ooh, just noticed the promise of a final boss in the OP. Lemme know if you need any DeHackEd help. Excellent shots as well, best of luck to you.

Yeah, custom final boss expected =) Don't worry about the Dehacked, a french guy named JCD (speedrunner & creator of Survive In Hell and contributor of some other wads) did a great job with it! But thanks a lot for your offer, that's really cool, dude =)