Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mattfrie1

PSX Doom/Final Doom TC (Legacy TC, See first post for details)

Greetings,

I am new to this rather fantastic total conversion. So far, I am enjoying it a lot - playing with Lost Levels mixed in with the rest - but I am having trouble with the custom HUD and automap. Despite enabling them with the Customizer tool, I still cannot get them to be widescreen. The Add Lost Levels to original episodes option is also greyed out, but I did manage to get it to work by adding the necessary commands in a custom shortcut's target field.

Thanks in advance!

JohnnyTheWolf said:

Greetings,

I am new to this rather fantastic total conversion. So far, I am enjoying it a lot - playing with Lost Levels mixed in with the rest - but I am having trouble with the custom HUD and automap. Despite enabling them with the Customizer tool, I still cannot get them to be widescreen. The Add Lost Levels to original episodes option is also greyed out, but I did manage to get it to work by adding the necessary commands in a custom shortcut's target field.

Thanks in advance!

I just use the main game rather than the customizer, as much as I want to have the Final DOOM hud and stuff, I can at least have the Final DOOM SSG. Either way, It's best to use the original hud and stuff, with the Final DOOM SSG. I dunno how to work It anyways, but I think It's best you get the Lost Levels seperately.

I think I have found the problem: it is Smooth Doom again! I followed your advice from the Lost Levels thread and now the HUD and automap are displaying properly. This is odd, as I thought Smooth Doom only altered in-game sprites.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

I think I have found the problem: it is Smooth Doom again! I followed your advice from the Lost Levels thread and now the HUD and automap are displaying properly. This is odd, as I thought Smooth Doom only altered in-game sprites.

If you wanna play It with Smooth DOOM, I recommend trying Smooth PSX DOOM. It's right here.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=46732

Hope I helped!

Awesome! Thanks.

EDIT: Is there a way to reallocate the weapons to their original PC slots? PCWEPKEY.pk3 does not seem to be working with this addon.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

Awesome! Thanks.

EDIT: Is there a way to reallocate the weapons to their original PC slots? PCWEPKEY.pk3 does not seem to be working with this addon.

I don't think so, I think the PSX slots are better. But I dunno how to work the customizer.

The game play customization tool has been designed to work with the TC alone, not with Smooth Doom or Brutal Doom. We can’t make it compatible with every other doom mod out there. The latest version is PSXDoom 2.134 requires Customizer_V094 , there are a couple of issues that will be fixed for the next version. The final doom SSG and hud all works as well as the wide screen status bars so there must be files in Smooth Doom that are conflicting with our gameplay mods.
I recon MG_MANS Doom/FinalDoom changing SSG and HUD mod should be intergrated into the main TC, I can alter the customizer to force Doom/FinalDoom style if anyone don’t want them changing.

Tritnew said:

I dunno how to work the customizer.

it should look like this.

I am not using the Customizer anymore. However, PCWEPKEY.pk3 does not seem to work with the TC-compatible version of Smooth DooM. It is not a major issue, though; I just prefer the default weapon keys.

Could you tell me what's not working. Mixing the lost levels might be a bit messed up, but the rest should be ok. If you’re trying to use it with other mods it could be any number of things.

ScottGray said:

Could you tell me what's not working. Mixing the lost levels might be a bit messed up, but the rest should be ok. If you’re trying to use it with other mods it could be any number of things.

Ah, I think that might be the problem. Let me try It and I'll tell you If It's fixed or not.

You should use the bat file to run the TC. Don’t drag PK3’s onto the gzdoom exe.
Delete your PSXDOOM.CFG
start the Customizer tool, select your mods then hit apply.

If you want to add mods open the PSXLOAD.PK3 and edit the Gameinfo file,
LOAD = "PSXDOOM.PK3", "PSXLOST.PK3", "PSXTCMUS.PK3", “yourown.PK3”
However ever time you change your mods with the customizer it will overwrite that file and you will have to add , “yourown.PK3” to the gameinfo file again.

Ill write a function to add your own PK3s in the next version.

That's a new file, I just knocked it up there, It seems the keys are defined in DECO\PLAYER\Doomguy.txt in the SmoothDoom.pk3.

Tritnew, if it's the psx or williams intros that ain't working its probably a titlemap.wad in another pk3 your loading on top of the TC, The easiest way is to put the TC in its own directory separate form your usual GZdoom folder.

I actually do have the TC In It's own folder, along with It's own GZDOOM. I see the Final DOOM SSG, but not the Final DOOM Hud, that's my only problems with It so far. The original sprite mods worked fine as well, I'll put back the .bat Into It and see what happens.

ScottGray said:

What's displayed in place of it, The original HUD or nothing?

The original hud, the strange thing Is that when I only load the TC with the PSXLOAD.pk3, It'll show the Final DOOM SSG, but not the hud and stuff.

Ragnor said:

Does anyone else have Doomguy's head not fully explode after a gib death?

I do. :V

The head exploding is fixed, it was stopping on the last frame in stead of going to a blank one. Sodas playpal, colormap are sprites are now included, as well as the changing status bar and SSG and widescreen status bars. The title screen will now rotate between original and final doom after the credit role, lost levels title screen as well if its present. Hopeful it will fix your final Doom hud problem Tritnew. Ill up load it once iv been over a few things as v2.135beta

@Average not forgot about making the SBrightmaps.pk3 mod compatible with the TC Ill try and get it for the next version of the custom tool.

ScottGray said:

The head exploding is fixed, it was stopping on the last frame in stead of going to a blank one. Sodas playpal, colormap are sprites are now included, as well as the changing status bar and SSG and widescreen status bars. The title screen will now rotate between original and final doom after the credit role, lost levels title screen as well if its present. Hopeful it will fix your final Doom hud problem Tritnew. Ill up load it once iv been over a few things as v2.135beta

Nice! I'll be glad to play the new version.

Hey anyone know if there's a way to make it so that the controller strafe held button has a different sensitivity than when you don't hold strafe? I set the turn sensitivity pretty low but it means that when you hold strafe it doesn't strafe as fast as you run forward. I'm trying to mimick the controller behavior of the actual playstation port, which had slower turn speeds but the same strafe speed as long as you held the strafe button

Edit: Best thing I can do is bind the turn buttons instead of axis to left/right, seems to work okay.

Hello everyone. Sorry that I've been out of the loop for so long with this project (life happens). I would like to update both the thread title and first post information to reflect the most recent version of the TC. I just realized that it has been almost two years since I've updated the first post, so I would venture a guess that some updates have happened with the project since then. If someone either wants to shoot me a PM or post a good summary of what has gone on with the project recently, I'd really appreciate it.