Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SPYKE

Newb to ZDoomOpenGL

Hi i just found zdoom today...i download all the required files that is need to play ZDoomOpenGL...but when i run ZDoomOpenGL it crashes and gives me an error message saying use the -nomd. What is the -nomd. Where is it located? How do i use it? Can someone please help me?

iirc, this means you have no models loaded. you must either install a model pack or run zdoomgl with the command line option -nomd to force not using models.

I know this isn't my topic, but for some reason, after installing the models, the programs loads up and starts loading models. About 10 seconds in, the program closes on me

-nomd2 means to run ZDoomGL with the -nomd2 parameter. ie, on a DOS command line:

ZDoomgl -nomd2

As for the crash during loading md2s, well, that's a known problem. ZDoomGL tends to randomly crash while loading up the md2s :/

Try the latest model pack.

SPYKE said:

Hi i just found zdoom today...i download all the required files that is need to play ZDoomOpenGL...but when i run ZDoomOpenGL it crashes and gives me an error message saying use the -nomd. What is the -nomd. Where is it located? How do i use it? Can someone please help me?

You need to run ZDoomGl like this:
start <ZDoomGL directory is typed in here> -nomd2
Or you can make a shortcut, and on the box that says Cmd line:, at the very end, you can put in -nomd2.
Of course, you can always visit SlayeR's site and download the latest model pack from there.

I still dont understang can u plz explain like in steps like:
1: Go to ur ZDoomGL folder
and so forth. Because i dont understand really watch u guys r talking about. And if i have to go into dos prompt...i can because i have Windows ME.

ok create a shortcut ZDooMGL. Right click on the shortcut and click properties. In the box where it says 'Target:' add this text to the end of the text that is already there(without the quotation marks: " -nomd2"

eg "c:\zdoomgl\zdoomgl.exe -nomd2"

OR as everyone has already said : download the model pack:
http://www.zdoomgl.tmfweb.nl/zdoomgl/ZDoomGLMd2.zip

boris said:

DooMBoy, do you ever post anything that has not been said before?

Yes. I was just trying to be helpful, and you naturally show up and blurt some smartass remark out that shouldn't of have been said.

Where is the point in posting something that somebody else already said? Slayer already said that SPYKE has to use the -nomd2 switch, then you come along and say that he has to use the -nomd2 switch. That's just plain stupid.

Have you stopped to consider that while I was typing that response up, SlayeR was already finished with his response and therefore posted before me? That's exactly what happened.

DooMBoy said:

Have you stopped to consider that while I was typing that response up, SlayeR was already finished with his response and therefore posted before me? That's exactly what happened.

you were typing your response for 2 hours and 11 minutes?

esayeek said:

you were typing your response for 2 hours and 11 minutes?

Hahahaha, DooMBoy got 0wn3d by a n00b!