Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kmxexii

Cacowards 2015 Nomination Thread

scifista42 said:

But none of the above mentioned three is a 2015 newcomer.

Hmm, is that how it works? Sure, I've technically been around since December 2013, but I didn't really start mapping until late 2014 and people have only recently (as in this year) been seeing my maps. I do consider myself a fairly new member (not as new as rdwpa but still :P )

AD_79 said:

Hmm, is that how it works?

Well, looking at all the previous winners in this category, apparently not. I was myself surprised back when I saw that I was awarded in 2013.

I played a semi-recent build of Wrath of Cronos and it seems to be pretty polished. Could I nominate it as a gameplay mod even though the first release was a while ago?

It's a nice (intended for Hexen but can be played with others) mod that seems to have the leveling system down.

Kotometal0041 said:

[ url=.../gzp8glv2.zip
]Pinochestein GL[ /url ], my vote.

Please fix your URL to make it clickable, there is an additional linebreak included.

Dododamian said:

Pinochestein GL for Worst Wad

Wait... they made a sequel to that? I'm certain I came across the original years ago on DWS.

Dododamian said:

I just played it and can agree with this statement.

It is a horrible experience and I recommend it to everybody, it made me wish I was playing JOW.wad instead as it feels just like it but with 5 times the enemies and 6 times the Wolfenstein.

Dododamian said:

I thought the Worst Wad award was retired?

mrthejoshmon said:

It is a horrible experience and I recommend it to everybody, it made me wish I was playing JOW.wad instead as it feels just like it but with 5 times the enemies and 6 times the Wolfenstein.

I can't seem to understand as to why it's horrible when it's not as bad as everybody is making it out to be.

Imback55 said:

I can't seem to understand as to why it's horrible when it's not as bad as everybody is making it out to be.

Bland and flat corridors which are literally just filled with hundreds of enemies awit you in later maps.

Was Prime Directive nominated already? I've finally gotten around to playing it and it's pretty good.

maybe is too early to judge, but from what i've played and the various screenshots on the Doom Picture thread, i'll claim Dragonfly as best newcomer of the year!

Also claiming SuperCupcakeTactics for the best newcomer/mapper of the year

Even though it is semi-retired (right?): Comfy Doom for the Mockaward.

50 Monsters for conventional Cacoward (assuming it gets official release by deadline), and AD_79 for mapper of the year, because why not.

+1 for Doomed Space Wars
+1 for Erkattäññe
+1 for 50 Shades of Graytall

---

I'd also like to give +1 to these wads when they're finalized:

NOVA II
Swift Death

Skulldash doesn't really fit the "gameplay mod" category, because it contains AND needs its own maps designed with its own mechanics in mind, while standard "gameplay mods" allow and encourage players to use them in combination with any unrelated mapsets, trying to improve gaming experience with them.