Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The wad contains a sprite replacement, which means that Chocolate Doom players need to use -merge parameter instead of -file, and vanilla .exe players need to reinclude all remaining IWAD sprites into the wad.

Anyway, the map's music track seriously fucks up Chocolate Doom 2.0, reducing frame rate like 100 times. I will report the issue in Chocolate Doom thread.

Here is my FDA after I edited the wad to not play the buggy music. The start was the hardest part, the rest literally empty and trivial. Simple layout, clean aesthetic, gameplay could have been better.

scifista42 said:

The wad contains a sprite replacement, which means that Chocolate Doom players need to use -merge parameter instead of -file, and vanilla .exe players need to reinclude all remaining IWAD sprites into the wad.

The sprite has a unique name, and the dehacked patch has a corresponding string replacement. Apparently, it's not enough.

Right, then I take my words back, what you actually need is to:
1. In case of Chocolate Doom, load boomwter.deh file via -deh parameter.
2. In case of vanilla .exe, apply boomwter.deh to a copy of Doom.exe via Dehacked.exe launched with -load parameter.

scifista42 said:

In case of Chocolate Doom, load boomwter.deh file via -deh parameter.

Doesn't work.

Looks like the closing marker should be named S_END, as this page suggests.

When I removed the wad's midi and loaded it in Chocolate Doom with these parameters, it worked.

chocolate-doom -merge boomwter.wad -deh boomwter.deh -warp 1 -skill 4 -record bwterfda
The -merge parameter probably fixed the issue (and the custom sprite actually showed up). But you're correct, the marker should have been named S_END.

With -nomusic, no music would be played at all. With the music removed from the wad, it would play the default D_RUNNIN at least.