Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

Zed's Quest [SEEKING COLLABORATORS, CAN OFFER SMALL PAY]

I'm making a weird game about a stoner cat in a rebel army fighting an evil nazi borg rabbit empire and luddite pirate dogs on an island holding the ruins of a long-gone ancient lynx society with advanced technology.

Current demo (extremely unfinished and minimal): https://www.dropbox.com/s/jh9xg5fqo0soaej/zq.zip?dl=0

Original post:

You can download a dumb demo here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=67930280701788986665

Try jumping around and using the jetpack. Note that there is more content than the demo has, this is stripped down.

Known problems:
*Really unfinished
*No slope collision yet
*Portals in MAP02 only act one way currently
*Some areas might lack textures and cause weird effects

Not much to show right now, just formally announcing this project's existence (and relatively slow but continued development), as well as looking to see what people think of the controls.

The fact that the executable is based off Eternity Engine is a little obfuscated, IMO it would deserve a clear mention / credit.

Gez said:

So that's Koliko's Adventure rebooted.

Yup. The version I uploaded is pretty minimal as that's just the content that I've been focusing on as of late, there's plenty of assets and levels that I'm not so fond of even if they fill things out more. It's been a slow process replacing the older parts of the project.

scifista42 said:

The fact that the executable is based off Eternity Engine is a little obfuscated, IMO it would deserve a clear mention / credit.

I intend to eventually make significant changes to the engine, I'm calling it the Catnip engine. I'm not hiding the fact that it's Eternity based, just not presenting it at the forefront. In regard to it being used for my own standalone game, I see no reason to have that as part of the title loop's presentation, and I can control the entire game's presentation however I choose. I'll be sure to mention it in anything about the engine's history, I was going to to that anyway.

I'm not really sure how I managed to not see there was a thread started for this. Wasn't even the part of last month when I slept a week straight. I'm not even really sure what was wrong, but the day I stopped being tired, I felt a sore throat coming on for a couple hours before it just suddenly went away... weird.

Heh, anyways. Guess I'm not really helping to cure the whole "slow development" thing much. My bad. I'm just gonna need some enemies/weapons to work around before I can really dig into serious level layout.

Guitar in Map02 is rad as fuck tho. Kinda wish you'd of sent me that track as well.

Switched to a custom fork of GZDoom-GPL. EDIT: Back to Eternity.

Is there anyone that would be interested in mapping for this project?

I may be apart of this project, but I've got like three maps to do, a Hexen TC and Evil Sacrifice (In development for over three years.)

Also, will you start an indie studio?

Anyone out there interested in doing a bit of work for hire? I'm looking for mappers and people to brainstorm design ideas with. PM me for further details if interested.

Doomkid maps comin' - hopefully not too far off and I couldn't possibly ask for cash to do it. If others want to, that's their prerogative, but pay is not necessary on my end. Just gotta get the creative juices flowing again, working the entire time the sun is up is not conducive to creativity... Thankfully we have weekends!