Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Doombuilder error avalanche

This is normal. DB2 don't understand actors in resource DECORATE. Run the map and it should be fine. Except for the part of the front side missing. Remake the troublesome linedefs (734 and 706).

Is it normal? It's never had trouble with it before. This issue only cropped up recently, and only for this particular map.

I mean, yeah, the map actually runs fine, I'm just worried about what else might be wrong, or if something might get corrupted if it keeps up. Plus its annoying.

Yes, everything's there, especially the assets mentioned in the error. I figure if there was something wrong with the wads themselves, ALL of these maps would be giving me an error, but it's apparently just this one. I really don't get why it's doing this.

Impie said:

Yes, everything's there,

Make double sure that the IWAD (Doom2.wad or whatever you're using) is there too.

Your error messages are saying that the default actors couldn't be found, not your new custom ones.

scifista42 said:

Your error messages are saying that the default actors couldn't be found, not your new custom ones.

Yeah, I suppose it is at that.

The iwad is there as well, though.

Spoiler

The lock icon at the Doom2 entry and the grey text of the file path looks suspicious to me. Click on the entry, enter "Resource Options" and re-find the location of the file.

scifista42 said:

The lock icon at the Doom2 entry and the grey text of the file path looks suspicious to me. Click on the entry, enter "Resource Options" and re-find the location of the file.

Didn't make a difference, but I couldn't click on the entry there. I had to do it under Tools. And I just now realized all my maps have that lock/gray text on the iwad, so it must also not be related. I can't imagine what's singling out this one map and not any of the others.

Kappes Buur said:

Add zdoom.pk3 as a resource and see if that makes a difference.

It doesn't. Even excluded it like you said.

I seem to be really good at finding obscure-ass bugs. Either that or something in the map got corrupted somehow...?

I ran into this recently, too. I set Zdoom.pk3 as the first resource to load and the problem went away.

Didn't work. I also checked the linedefs listed in the error and there's nothing wrong with them.

I'm ready to give up, but I don't want this to lead to further errors, so I'm hesitant to use the map in the mod. But rebuilding the map from scratch is out of the question, because it's already pretty big, and I'm not throwing away all that work over an apparently nonexistent error.

EDIT: I had the wrong linedef numbers. The two linedefs listed above were on a copy-pasted polyobject door threshold, which went unnoticed until now, so I removed them. That did the trick. So I guess from now on if I get this error again I'll pay closer attention to the linedefs listed in the error. Didn't think they'd be the reason everything was going nuts.

Bytor, you might check your map(s) for broken linedefs as well, just in case.

hmmm...I was doing some copy/pasting, too, but wasn't getting any linedef errors. Even the Doom Actors being inherited from were an "unrecognized" error. Every Actor in the Decorate. The editor would then show all Actors, allow me to place them in the map, and even show a proper sprite icon for each one. Moved the ZDoom.pk3 up to the top of the list and all the error shenanigans stopped. I dunno but I sure was relieved.

so...if it doesn't like your linedefs, it attacks your decorate. noted.

The errors of inheritance apen with me too, but noting happens, since I know it is normal. GZDB and DB2 don't detect IWAD decorate actors for some reason I should contact DB2 maker...

bytor said:

so...if it doesn't like your linedefs, it attacks your decorate.

Well, that's the most sense I can make of it, anyway...

Gustavo6046 said:

GZDB and DB2 don't detect IWAD decorate actors for some reason

Probably because there's not many of them about, Hacx v1.2 is the first IWAD I can think of that contains some.