Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RaphaelMode

Egregious Ease: Introduction Comic/Development Thraed

How are memes not sinister? Memes kill people and do bad things. Unless you mean things like Arkwad Penguins. Which is nothing like what this game is about, and that's why I call it "Egregore" instead.

I made a new title. It's less "Very clean" than the first attempt at title screen, and might even look to serious in a way. Egregious Ease is a really serious game, but in an absurd/satirical way which this title screen doesn't convoy.

RaphaelMode said:

How are memes not sinister? Memes kill people and do bad things.

Playing Metal Gear Solid I see...

The settings in the game will be:

Supermarkets, off fices, maybe some hotels and warehouses, generally lots of city maps. The first episode will be mostly a big metropolis.

The second episode will be located in smaller towns, and it will contain much more fun and parties.

The third episode will be located in a Japan-like place, with some levels in super-modern metropolis and levels located in the internet. There will be also a level or two that is sea-themed.

The fourth episode will mostly take place on a countryside in eastern Europe/west aria. It would also have some more traditional architecture. Maybe something military.

The fifth episode will take place-on the South Pole, With some settlements, militarily buildings, and then hare you depend into a deep big Temple.

Hell yeah, your favorite EEEEEE character, the Opinionated, is now functional! It only needs rotations and sounds.

If you played the Communtiy is Failing series, they're not unlike the Noobs, except middle-aged and armed with hats, watches and ranged hitscan attacks.

RaphaelMode said:

PC master race > Steam peasants.

Steam is a PC thing, I'd just like to point that out.

No he'll just make up some jibber jabber about how Steam is actually your eyeballs or something. And I'll point out right now that in fact they are in fact regarded as ce'tegluhthun-dlew enyinyeregaz azazaz in more important circles (or, if you prefer, "ct'anzaz").

Edit: was it just me, or was this in Everything Else for a brief moment? I sense a wrinkle in time.

Physically owning things and not having everything dependent on the corporation who owns my hardware is one of my favorite aspects of PCs. That's why console and Steam gamers are paesants - because they have kings. How irrationally supernatural is that?

And I'm not into Chtultu mythos. Looks like you have less imagination than gggmork.

And yet you bow to the kings that are the sourceport and OS authors, even as they are slaves themselves to the things they have created.

Jaxxoon R said:

And yet you bow to the kings that are the sourceport and OS authors, even as they are slaves themselves to the things they have created.

There's still less control and dependence they have, and sorry that I'm not NOW relaesing the superior ZDoom branch that I have planned.

EEEEEE update:
I tweaked the severed riflemen/conformist/Keyboard Drumset Fucking Werewolf cameo legs.

Here are some textures as a prize for you for going thru the effort of raeding this thraed:

If you cannot properly appreciate this mod without resorting to use of psychoactive substances, don't. Unless you know what you're doing.

I still can't comprehend any of this.
Why is this still happening?
Would we be better off, or worse without this?
What is the thought process here?
Is there really a story?

This single WAD is creating more questions than any one piece of media I've ever experienced.

R. A. Q.:
(recently asked questions)

The Civ said:

Why is this still happening?

Because I'm only getting started now? And I'm sure not going to end before even starting?

And also because I'm making a GAME, (aka total conversionne) and so it is going to take me quite a while?

The Civ said:

Would we be better off, or worse without this?

This. This. Is a step toward a happier future for everyone, including people who won't play this game. This game will faeture some REAL bad protagonists instaed of cliche ultimate evil ala doom. This is game about BAD things living in your (and other people's) brains and making you do bad things. A bit like Gamarra's soul except inspired by Edmund McMillen's dead bird instead of some random schoolkid. This game will have many values.

It will also be fun to play.

The Civ said:

What is the thought process here?

This will be like edutainment or art, visualizing something otherwise intangible. And it is known that edutainment and art are more efficient than just flat-out ranting to someone. The game will also have lots of humor and satire, besides strongly superego things like the egregore of self-loathing, there will be things that a player can relate to more easily. I think.

The whole thing started as a Keyboard Durmset Fucking Werewolf fangame, hence the teal-colored guys making an appaerance.

But Fucking Werewolf Asso pretty much sing about nothing but love, so nah, I'm not devoing a whole game to them.

The Civ said:

Is there really a story?

http://i.imgur.com/GIzz4k0.png?1
This is J. Doe, the protagonist. Nothing is known about him/her, besides the fact that he/she has enough interest in weird games to try EEEEEE once. And so by the act of playing it, he/she is transferred into Mad World, the caricature of raelity where thoughtforms can take a tangible shape and directly affect the world around them... they can also be physically hurt this way, so that is a big plus. But an egregore is always as powerful as the sum of people willing to devote their brains to it.

The Civ said:

This single WAD is creating more questions than any one piece of media I've ever experienced.

And that is absolutely, utterly, EGREGIOUSLY good. Answers are kinda neato, but the questions being asked is the absolutely most important thing.

We may be looking at a future Mockaward winning WAD here folks. This is definitely high on my want list.

Indeed, at the very laest. Because I can't say that this game isn't satirical, but it's very serious as well.

A very basic implementation of The Lord. Implemented him mostly to test the blood effect. The bird enemies drop faethers in addition to bleeding normally, while The Lord doesn't bleed normally but bleeds words instaed.

For some reason the blood actors properly fly in all directions when induced through projectile attacks, but merely fly upwards when hit is done through hitscan waepon.

It would be most raesonable for The Lord to be represented by a 3d model instaed of a sprite...

I did some mugface graphics! Eventually I will make custom mugface code definition instaed of replacing default mugface sprites,

Now there is not any Doom content on the screenshot.
And I put one more enemy into the game! Also.

I alraedy spoke about the Protagonist.

I made some graphics for the differing Player Classes faeture:
(separated by random sprites)

And a bonus screen shot:

It's true!

I decided on the official Names of the main egregore enemies! They're not the best, and they're not "real" names whatever would that mean, but they are good.

Sue is responsible for killing more than 800 thousand people last year, while Tim is responsible for killing over 400 thousand. I alraedy had the impression that Susan is more powerful, but the checking the numbers still surprised me. Considering that Tim has access to all sorts of military waeponry while Susan doesn't. On the other hand, Susan acts directly unlike Tim who always relies on collective force of his human lackeys. And they aren't all that fond of killing compared to the egregore.
Stanley doesn't kill anyone. He's just taking care of his beloved birds, and trying to make sure that people never stop feeding them the breadcrumbs of their souls.

Very effective enemy design on Tim Deathmatch. His constant, irritating strobing will give players more motivation to either get away from or destroy him.

This is fucking awesome

EDIT: I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN BTW CAN I HUG YOU PLZ I'LL MAKE SURE YOU DON'T FEEL MY BONER

OP is a hero

please do not stop creating content like this

edit: A ROADBLOCK MADE OF CARS HAHAHAHA

edit2: you should really bring this into the Wads / Mods subforum since you have some level design / sprites to show for it. You need more exposure.