Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnatone

Closed Alpha Selections Start

Just randomly found this buried in a news feed. Figured if any of us got selected we could use this place to squad up and get a feel for the game. I'm assuming they'll get as many people as they can for this since it's only one map of 6v6, just stress testing and wetting the appetite stuff. If I get selected I'll be on the PS4 version, if not, I'll be eager to hear how the PS4 version plays.

IGN Article with the details.

I still kind of hate the fact that only people who pre-ordered Wolfenstein get to enter.
I understand they probably do it since they'd get an overwhelming amount of people signing up if they didn't set up some sort of restriction.
In my opinion they should honestly take notes from the Star Wars Battlefront Beta.
Putting opinions of the game itself aside, the Beta access there was an excellent idea.
Give players about a week to stress test some servers, maps, and test the gameplay.
It worked really well, and anyone could do it.
It also gave people interested in the game a chance to try it out and see if they like what they see before buying the full game on release.

If the open beta starts some time next year along with the actual release of the full game, makes me curious as to when this alpha is going to start and how long it's going to go on for.

Signed! Really hope to be selected cos since I have pretty pretty old machine I can test how well exactly game runs on it and if it's playable then it'll show true system reqiurments and level of optimisation))

I really really want to play the Alpha/Beta but part of me fears that this would ruin the experience of playing the full game for the first time.

DooM_RO said:

I really really want to play the Alpha/Beta but part of me fears that this would ruin the experience of playing the full game for the first time.

+1

Looking forward to hearing about the Alpha/Beta experience but I won't touch it either until release. Even then, I'll finish the SP game fully before jumping into DM.

id.dav said:

For Wolf pre-order ONLY! Registration page clearly states it.

And then, right below the big red platform choice buttons, it says this -

Overview

The DOOM MP Closed Alpha is a series of development-driven tests designed to stress test the game’s dedicated server infrastructure in a real-world consumer environment. It is not the Beta (offered with Wolfenstein®: The New Order™ pre-order), a demo, or representative of the final game.

its funny how they carefully used the wording with alpha and beta... they never said there'd be an invite only alpha (within the group of ppl who pre-ordered Wolf) when the scheme was originally out. kinda scumbaggy of bethesda, but i think thats expected at this point. inb4 $100 season pass l0l

AirRaid said:

And then, right below the big red platform choice buttons, it says this -

"Pre-ordered or bought Wolfenstein: The New Order on or before May 26, 2014 to get into the DOOM Beta? Select your platform and follow the steps to ensure you are eligible to be selected for the DOOM Closed Alpha."

Any questions?

Looking at the guns and equipment, the Multiplayer has a very heavy Quake Arena vibe too it. It's like they're remaking two games, almost.

Good. Having two really similar sci-fi gothic action shooter series coexisting always felt redundant to me. When's the next Keen game, guys?

id.dav, I think that he means this:

1) "It is not the Beta (offered with Wolfenstein®: The New Order™ pre-order)"
2) "a demo"

And if in case of first thing we do know it already (the "pre-order" stuff), then in second one - what kind of demo? A demo-version, for everyone? Like it was with Doom 3?

id.dav said:

"Pre-ordered or bought Wolfenstein: The New Order on or before May 26, 2014 to get into the DOOM Beta? Select your platform and follow the steps to ensure you are eligible to be selected for the DOOM Closed Alpha."

Any questions?

I offered no opinions on what any of this actually means for us the players. I just stated the facts of what is written on their site, which is confusing as fuck.

I assume the alpha will be what was shown at Quakecon; sounds all very similar.
Also, just because people are somehow able to sign up without a Wolf pre order code, doesn't mean they will be chosen; for all we know they are automatically kicked out of the selection the second they submit.