Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

got banned any time?

Read the title.
Also, why?

I started with Retro Delo and my first post was a link to an abandonware version of Strife...you know the rest.

I just got banned from another forum for failing the reCAPTCHA test and unable to get the problem resolved due to the "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here" message just linking me back to the banned page.

Jaxxoon R said:

I've never actually been banned from anything.

MOD EDIT: There's a first time for everything.

;)

I would find that hard to believe, everyone gets banned from some community for one reason or another. Could be your New Year's Resolution?

Dave The Daring said:

I haven't been banned from this forum, but I am banned from every store of a major UK supermarket. True story.

Well now you have me curious. Care to share?

Voros said:

I started with Retro Delo and my first post was a link to an abandonware version of Strife...you know the rest.

Strife is not free, even if it is no longer available for purchase anymore (it has however been re-released in Steam as Strife: Veteran Edition).

Also, abandonware still counts as warez.

Chezza said:

Well now you have me curious. Care to share?

I didn't expose myself or anything like that. I just made a complaint about shoddy service and rude staff members. They didn't like that apparently. One female staff member actually squared up to my girlfriend as if she wanted a fight. Anyway, the manager banned both me and my girlfriend from every store in the UK. I now give my custom to one of their competitors, and I don't have to deal with rude staff that can't do their jobs properly.

Dave The Daring said:

I didn't expose myself or anything like that. I just made a complaint about shoddy service and rude staff members. They didn't like that apparently. One female staff member actually squared up to my girlfriend as if she wanted a fight. Anyway, the manager banned both me and my girlfriend from every store in the UK. I now give my custom to one of their competitors, and I don't have to deal with rude staff that can't do their jobs properly.

I bet it was Tesco which banned you.

I haven't been banned yet since I tend to take my threads seriously (unless I screw up).

I almost did get banned due to that one hacking incident that happened on here a year ago. Fun times. Thankfully I survived that hack attack.

Dave The Daring said:

I can see why you wouldn't want to support them, but I'd imagine it'd be tough or impossible for them to really enforce that country-wide ban on you?

Let's see, I got banned from a comic books site for defending some guy the mod/podocasting guy on the site was having a bash on. I also got banned from another comic book forum for defending Catwoman's cleavage. Comic book mods can be an uptight lot I guess.

I also once got banned from a forum on a silly bet. (That DNF would be released by the end of 2010). I always bet on Duke. Hey, at least the game did get resurrected and I wasn't far off.

I also once got banned for an anime fan-subbers site for complaining that they skipped some filler episodes. Ha, hmm... if I keep thinking there are probably one or two more.

PsychoGoatee said:

I can see why you wouldn't want to support them, but I'd imagine it'd be tough or impossible for them to really enforce that country-wide ban on you?

We later spoke to the manager of a bigger store, and he told us that no store manager has the power to ban anyone from their shops nationwide. When he heard how we were treated, he told us to make a formal complaint to head office. We didn't bother, but I've never been back since. Their loss is Tesco's gain, so fuck 'em.

Legimately? No.

I have been banned from one place over something my brother did though. BAN THE WHOLE FAMILY! Caused a shitstorm, that did.

I requested a ban at facepunch forums after being a complete retard. Now that I'm unbanned from that site, I just lurk around there.

Gentlepoke said:

I would find that hard to believe, everyone gets banned from some community for one reason or another. Could be your New Year's Resolution?

Not me. Maybe there's something wrong with my brain or something that makes me unusually inoffensive and hard to notice or something. I also just kind of don't care about the whole internet thing and just act exactly like I would in real life. It goes pretty well.

ZDoom because a. it was coming to me for generally being a nuisance and b. I was frustrated with my position in the community and actually requested the ban. This one I don't really regret. They're a talented community, but I also find that they can attract some more... dramatic, type people, and I let myself get involved in some of it. Doomworld's atmosphere is honestly a lot calmer. ZDoom could've changed since then, for all I know. Glancing at it, it appears to have less drama, though maybe that's because I almost never visit and thus don't see it, due to pruning.

Here because a. it was coming to me for generally being a nuisance and b. I posted some insane thing about elves, farts, steak and killer bibles or something when drunk. Then I got unbanned by request after I had a couple years to simmer down.

I can't say I'm too pleased with myself.

I'm usually pretty neutral to everyone, so I never got in enough trouble to warrant a ban. I did get kicked from a skulltag server once for calling a guy "a little bitch" though. Turns out he was the server admin, lol

HorrorMovieGuy said:

I'm usually pretty neutral to everyone, so I never got in enough trouble to warrant a ban. I did get kicked from a skulltag server once for calling a guy "a little bitch" though. Turns out he was the server admin, lol

Looks like you were proven right.

Gentlepoke said:

I just got banned from another forum for failing the reCAPTCHA test and unable to get the problem resolved due to the "Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here" message just linking me back to the banned page.

Reminds me of my first attempt at registering on the NewDoom forums - rejected for having a "banned email address" and the admin contact link took me to a 404 page.

Sodaholic said:

They're a talented community, but I also find that they can attract some more... dramatic, type people, and I let myself get involved in some of it.

I see an awful lot of posts from users that were later banned. It is a handy place if you happen to have a Zdoom related problem though. Most times a quick forum search will solve any problem I have.

Sodaholic said:

Here because a. it was coming to me for generally being a nuisance and b. I posted some insane thing about elves, farts, steak and killer bibles or something when drunk.

Ahhh, the late night drunken post. I've made plenty of those down the years.

I'm IP banned from playstation network for hacking online on World at War zombies. Thankfully I don't think the ban carried over to ps4. Well, I don't have a ps4 or xbone but if I ever want one at least I won't be screwed over still. Anybody know if bans can jump consoles? Might be stuck an xbox user forever now lol.

I got banned/losered for tempting fate.

Got an actual ban at a site called Jurassic Mods for reasons I can't recall. Way to long ago, when I first started using the web. Looking back, I'm surprised I wasn't banned even sooner than that, as my early posting was... Atrocious, to say the least. I mean, my early days here are pretty awful, looking back.

When I was 13 I was one of those stupid kiddies in Counterstrike who would occasionally team kill out of frustration of my poor performance. I got banned from 2 servers and unfortunately for my older brother we shared accounts.

Today I play lots of Mount&Blade Warband on public servers. I have played it quite a bit and naturally gotten quite skilled at it. Over the years of playing it online I was a dedicated melee player who always liked duels and offering fair fights. Of course being an online game I naturally got betrayed, shot at from a distance and ganked countless times. It eventually lead me to take on an Archer role and with many more hours of playing I became very good at shooting and defending myself at melee. In M&B archer players are HATED and often generalised to be the noob who shoots because he can't fight. But I am now a pain in the arse with ranged and superior to most players in melee, rendering me quite the deadly player.

As a result, I get vote kicked everyday from playing regardless of my behaviour. If I'm number one on the rank board I expect to be vote kicked, reseted score and money back to basics. Occasionally a server has a public ban feature, which I get banned for all the time. What is quite funny, there are literally racist, sexist and troll like players who would spam the chat and attack friendlies. However they do not get vote kicked or banned, I do. It's a very poor feature to give to the public.

My brutal Archering and Meleeing is a product of the public but now I literally shoot anyone regardless if they have a shield or not, rarely accept honourable duels and now feel a little more justified for the daily kicks / bans. Why be the better man when no good deeds goes unpunished?

I haven't gotten banned from a forum in a long time- mostly because this, Reddit and 4chan are the only forums I use. Worst is that I get downvoted on Reddit for not subscribing to the groupthink

Got banned from Doom Connector and the Skulltag forums waaaaaay back in like 2004 for spamming (>O_O)> over and over, with the help of friends of course. By the end of it I think 3 whole pages of the forums were just pure (>O_O)>....

I think the ban was planned to be like 2 months and was lifted to 1 after I made a heartfelt apology along the lines of "I'm just a stupid kid". Pooh-pooh to anyone who says Carnevil was an unfair administrator.

I've been warned both here and on ZDoom, but never banned anywhere. I take warnings as a cue to take a break (read: go off and sulk) though, so that probably helps me not build up bad behaviour. Well, that and I never come back as often.

Odd to say I don't think I've ever even been vote-kicked or whatever from an online game, despite only playing online in my mid-teens. I mean, surely if you're going to be an unbearable dick, that's when you'd do it?