Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mystery Man in 3D

Show & tell us about your physical DOOM collection

My original copies of Doom were pirated. It arrived on some 3.5" floppy discs because my dad was a computer programming contractor who had a lot of nerd programming buddies. He worked for some major US corporations like Kmart, Masco, and Dominos. Eventually we purchased a legitimate copy of both Doom games.

This:

Jaxxoon R said:

Sure. It's right here in my Steam library.

I also own physical copies, pretty recently acquired. Cheers, eBay.

I have some CD that has Ultimate Doom, Doom II, and Final Doom on them along with Doom 95. I also have PSX and 32x Doom copies. But yes, my first copies were pirated, I downloaded the wads from somewhere before I later bought them. I also bought the Steam versions, and I have a big box of D!ZONE for Doom/Doom II -(OVER 900 NEW LEVELS... B-But actually less than that!)

I have a physical copy of The Ultimate Doom in one of my binders I bought almost 20 years ago.

TheCupboard said:

My original copies of Doom were pirated. It arrived on some 3.5" floppy discs because my dad was a computer programming contractor who had a lot of nerd programming buddies. He worked for some major US corporations like Kmart, Masco, and Dominos. Eventually we purchased a legitimate copy of both Doom games.

My father also had a pirated copy of Doom also, although Doom 95 was bought with Windows 95 and that was Doom 2.

Personally myself though, I own PSXDoom, Final Doom, The Ultimate Doom CD, Doom Collector's Edition.

I still got the CDs of the Depths of Doom trilogy. Though the box and the manual got lost long time ago :(

Guest Unregistered account

I have my dad's copy of Doom95 lying around somewhere.

I have a "original files" subfolder in my Doom folder. I keep there all iwad files, from doom to strife.

I have also a CD with Doom 2.

wolfie3dfan said:

Copy of doom is signed by John Carmack.
Doom 2 disc I stole from my brother.

Whoa! Signed Doom copy, really? Awesome!
And LOL about that Doom 2 disc you stole!

Sure, I still have the "original" Doom v1.1 and Doom 2 floppy disks I bought by my friendly neighborhood pirate in 1994. The Doom v1.1 even have dot-matrix printed labels, and a Quasar cracktro on the 4th disk (though there wasn't much to crack there, heh).

And the Final Doom box I got in late 1998 (the replay yellow box edition).

I own all the DOOM games on Steam, even DOOM 3. Expect for Resurrection of Evil. Got them when they were on sale I believe.

SavageCorona said:

Nice job linking a private profile nobody can read

fixed that. sorry lmao. I don't own doom on a dosbox, My dad used to, i saw him play it in early 2001's.

grammar said:

sorry for that bad grammar, i'm chilean

SavageCorona said:

Missing out bro

I've played It on a pirated version of BFG Edition (who wants to buy that piece of shit anyways? I still kinda enjoyed It, just not Classic DOOM) with a modded configuration to make It emulate the "Vanilla" feel, It was better then the base game though. I'll get the original version of It when I've got the money.