Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

How you discovered the Doom series? / Your first time playing Doom?

Tritnew said:

Finally someone agrees. A Friend thinks It makes DOOM look more creepy, I mean... DOOM's suppose to be colorful, Am I right?

I prefer creepy over colorful. That's probably why I liked Quake 1 as game a little more.

The 3D models were cool the first couple of times I tried them out on Doomsday years ago. But the more you looked at it, the less it felt appropriate. It's not as clean as the sprites in terms of consistency and professionalism. The same goes for the HD texture packs.

Played Doom 1+2 very shortly after they where released originally. Was making my "Abitur" back then (it is something like college in Germany, basically your final 3 or 4 school years).

A friend introduced me to those games, and all of a sudden i needed a PC "for school". (Hey thanks Peter, if you read this, go on facebook and leave me a message).

I am not sure if the game felt so good if it wasnt for the normal shotgun. Feels and sounds just right blasting zombies and imps away with that boomstick.

And hello community, my second post here. Hope we all can be friends and stuff. :)

nxGangrel said:

I prefer creepy over colorful. That's probably why I liked Quake 1 as game a little more.

I dunno, It looked professional since the sprites were made one by one by Clay Models, while the Models In 3D just... Kicks that feeling out the door, ain't my fault I love DOOM the way It Is. ;v;

karacho said:

And hello community, my second post here. Hope we all can be friends and stuff. :)

Never. We will troll you all the way to the loonie bin ;p
Or til you start carving, "Brooks was here" in the wall O.O

Nah jk, people here are cool as long as you act like an adult.
...well, an adult with the sense of humor of a juvenile, heh.

Fonze said:

Never. We will troll you all the way to the loonie bin ;p
Or til you start carving, "Brooks was here" in the wall O.O

Nah jk, people here are cool as long as you act like an adult.
...well, an adult with the sense of humor of a juvenile, heh.

Yea, just don't make rape jokes like Terry and It'll all be Ok. c:

Hahahaha aww but that's half of the fun :(

How about just this instead:
t[-_-t]

...Or make jokes about Doomguy raping a demon with his bare hands or something, I guess that's better.

Around 2000-2001. My cousin had final doom and he was playing with my other cousin. It looked cool and i wanted to try but the fucker put it on the hardest difficulty and didnt tell me how to play and i ended up disliking the game til a few years ago when i was in a foreign country with a cheap laptop with nothing to do so I gave it another shot. Now i love it

Vs1991 said:

Around 2000-2001. My cousin had final doom and he was playing with my other cousin. It looked cool and i wanted to try but the fucker put it on the hardest difficulty and didnt tell me how to play and i ended up disliking the game til a few years ago when i was in a foreign country with a cheap laptop with nothing to do so I gave it another shot. Now i love it

God, What an Asshole. Glad You got to like It though!

I was 6 back then, I was browsing around a site with my father and he pointed me to a game in the list, "Oh son I used to play this when I was younger, you should give it a try", I then downloaded the game, it was a Demo version of Doom that had only the first chapter, it was enough to mark me for the rest of my life. And here I am today, 16 years old and still playing the game and running .wads for extra fun, even though only a select few people know the game where I live, they're most awesome guys, so I can confirm that the Doom playerbase is incredible =D
By the way, I made an account to share my story, I know I don't write very well but, meh, a random fact to finish it then, my favourite wad ever is Neodoom, it's a Megawad with new weapons and enemies, if you haven't played go on and try it!

Nice little story, I'm pretty much 18 and I still play FPS and other stuff. Though, glad You discovered DOOM at a young age, guess We're on the same page with Age, expect with the fact I discovered DOOM on my own.

Enderkevin13 said:

Back In '04, When I Used To Play The Doom95 Port.
Later I Played Doom II And Then In '08 Or Something Ultimate Doom.

So I've Also Been A Little Marine.

I've For Many Days Observed
From The Far-Off Mountain Tops
Like The Clouds That Float On The Wind,

Your Enigmatic Posting
Is Of Such Natural Wonder
Coming And Going
Across The Waves Of DoomWorld
Formatted To Such Beauty

Of A Decomposing Elephant
Being Fucked by A Killer Whale
That Farts Its Words,
Their Meanings,
Their Essence,

Into The Air As Radioactive
Sweeps Of Calligraphy,
That Glow In The Night
With Everlasting Luminescence.

Marnetmar said:

Your Enigmatic Posting
Coming And Going
Formatted To Such Beauty

That Farts Its Words,
Their Meanings,
Their Essence,

Sweeps Of Calligraphy,
That Glow In The Night

Bwahahahaha

Marnetmar said:

Your Enigmatic Posting
Coming And Going
Formatted To Such Beauty

That Farts Its Words,
Their Meanings,
Their Essence,

Sweeps Of Calligraphy,
That Glow In The Night

Needs more Cowbell.

Marnetmar said:

Your Enigmatic Posting
Coming And Going
Formatted To Such Beauty

That Farts Its Words,
Their Meanings,
Their Essence,

Sweeps Of Calligraphy,
That Glow In The Night

Reminds me of "Astronomy" by Blue Oyster Cult ^^

At a video game store here in Canada called Master Player. A demo machine had the SNES version loaded.

Back in '94 when my dad's co-worker gave him a floppy of Doom. He wasn't able to use his totally state-of-the-art IBM Thinkpad if I ever got a hold of it while he was home.

Zeris said:

Back in '94 when my dad's co-worker gave him a floppy of Doom. He wasn't able to use his totally state-of-the-art IBM Thinkpad if I ever got a hold of it while he was home.

Nice and funny story. I am also In love with Your Avatar.

Accidently stumbled upon the flash Shareware Doom in a site, i was 5 years, but immediatly changed to a different game.
Started playing the Ultimate Doom when i was 11.

Ordered the first episode from a shareware magazine or somesuch in '94 or so when I was around 10. I remember playing the first few levels but then got so scared that I couldn't play it for a couple of years. Probably wasn't until 98 that I managed to complete DOOM2 (with a little idkfa/iddqd). Cyberdemon still gives me the creeps (refueling base...). Can't help being such a wuss :(

ktch said:

Ordered the first episode from a shareware magazine or somesuch in '94 or so when I was around 10. I remember playing the first few levels but then got so scared that I couldn't play it for a couple of years. Probably wasn't until 98 that I managed to complete DOOM2 (with a little idkfa/iddqd). Cyberdemon still gives me the creeps (refueling base...). Can't help being such a wuss :(

It's fine, I got scared by the Pinkies In E1M5 with that giant flashing room. I still get accidently spooked by DOOM sometimes though, It's hasn't been happening lately though since I'm at a age where I'm clearly a Adult now. Though, I did manage to go through that level. xD;

Oh man I remember it like it was yesterday. I was at my friends house he had a PC before any of us did. Well long story short my other friend tells him show him DOOM. I had heard the legends the scary news reports about Doom. At the time I had only played stuff like Sega Genesis. Well I was blown away. It felt like a virtual reality game. I was sucked in right away and loved it. That same day he showed me Heretic as well. Since then Doom is my favorite game. once I got my own PC, I got Doom and Doom 2 and played them for hours. I only beat Doom but I can beat this game over and over. Once of the best games ever made!

DoomAddictedFiend said:

Oh man I remember it like it was yesterday. I was at my friends house he had a PC before any of us did. Well long story short my other friend tells him show him DOOM. I had heard the legends the scary news reports about Doom. At the time I had only played stuff like Sega Genesis. Well I was blown away. It felt like a virtual reality game. I was sucked in right away and loved it. That same day he showed me Heretic as well. Since then Doom is my favorite game. once I got my own PC, I got Doom and Doom 2 and played them for hours. I only beat Doom but I can beat this game over and over. Once of the best games ever made!

Nice little story, though funny You should mention the Controversy behind It though, considering us Doomers don't mention the Columbine accident due to expected reasons. =v=; Horrible Day that was, Anyway. Nice way to get Introduced to DOOM and Heretic (another great game).

I remember realizing how ahead of everyone Doom was back in the day. I played Rise of the Triad, Wolfenstein and Blake Stone as well, and in comparison they were all so obviously lacking in depth compared to Doom. I remember downloading some shareware demos of some FPS in the late 90s and some of those seemed more primitive than Doom.

The title is self explaining.

I discovered doom on emuparadise and used dosbox to run it...Now i have all the games except console versions and Doom 2016...didnt bother with heretic or hexen.

Voros said:

The title is self explaining.

I discovered doom on emuparadise and used dosbox to run it...Now i have all the games except console versions and Doom 2016...didnt bother with heretic or hexen.

Naughty Voros! I played a shareware version on my brother's PC and it spiralled from there.

I was just a young child and watched my family play it. That's how I discovered Doom. My Dad and two older brothers would give it a go, with cheats though. I was raised in a family with cheats, from Amiga game hax to PC Magazines revealing cheat codes.

I was born in 2000... Weird to be a Doomer huh?

I dont understand...i downloaded the shareware version from there...then discovered the full one.