Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

DMers Etequite

I just had a DM with someone on a wad I just made and after the game the person didn't say anything. They just abruptly left. The person beat me 30 to 23. I know the person which is what puzzles me about why the said somebody didn't say anything. Is this some typical long time DMer's reaction cause they play so many games? I had said "gg" and then "the wad is too big" but the person never replied. Instead they just left. Leaving me thinking "Uhh.. thanks for the game and thanks for the feedback....."

well i cant answer for the world obviously but deathmatch ettiequite (sp?) is unless i really gotta gotta go now, i will say something after the match. but i am not the most talkative.

"Etiquette", according to my spell checker. My observation is that almost any experienced deathmatcher will make a comment or two, such as gg, see ya, thanks for the game, etc. When I play, I sometimes get fragging tunnel vision and don't see some messages. I suppose it's also possible that this person did not have their messagemode key binding working, most people who are able to win a game are pleased to be able to acknowledge their opponents with a "good game".

I just had "words" with Anav_DS because I considered he didn't adhere to etiquette, seems he has mentally switched off most incoming messages because of the drivel some people are coming out with, so perhaps your player is of same mold? I sometimes leave without speaking if I consider the other guy is just plain cheating or being a tosser, so leave rather than get into some arg. As he beat you he obviously didn't think that, if you know him, go ask him, tell us what he said then we can all get on his fucking case :)Didn't/havn't you or Falconer got some etiquette message up on web page? Sure I seen it once, "Etiquette for server"?

There is no such thing as DM'rs etiquette, and there never will be. My advice is to play in places or to play ppl who abide by the same guide-lines you do. My two favourite places to play DM are: with 'r' on the doom connector, or on a rarefile's server. Those are about the only places where i can consistently find games that dont end up with one person complaining about the map or someone spouting off nonsense.

Complaining about a map is allowed surely?

Nope. That's not how I prefer to play. To clarify, I'm speaking about those who will join a Map1 1on1 server and then tell me how much the map sucks and that I'm a pussy for playing that map.. and how if it were the [sarcasm] godly dwango 5 map 1 [/sarcasm] they would be kicking my ass with there 57-ping-bastard selves.

I hate that too, blunt :/

btw, Biffy/Falconer, when either one of you will read this reply, please unban the little innocent me from rarefiles server, I'm too lazy to write an email :D

999cop said:

I hate that too, blunt :/

btw, Biffy/Falconer, when either one of you will read this reply, please unban the little innocent me from rarefiles server, I'm too lazy to write an email :D

Falconer can't do that, just me. I run the servers, Falc has the web site. Hmm, there is no "innocent" person banned. I've banned someone (no one who played with your name) for repeatedly annoying me on my coop server and then coming in posing as "Some Dude", who happens to be a friend of mine. Also banned someone for continually shooting other players in a coop game. Which of these two was you, 999cop? If you'd played using your well-known name, I'd have recognized you and tried to pass you a warning instead of a ban. At the time, a ban seemed the only practical way to get a message across.

You must reply to me before I'll unban you, since I don't know which player to unban. Give me your ip address or the name by which you acted up in a way which wore out my patience. If you played as Who? and bothered people on the coop server, let me know that you will not go back on that server unless it's to simply play doom. Of course I'll let you back, once you "straighten up". :)

It might've been someone imitated as me, or someone else such as Chewy which is my cousin.

I don't do coop-killing, honestly. Ask around someone who plays coop, I've been really nice to them and following the rules all along.

Innocent? Yes, I suppose I am, but since you intended to ban like...say, Nightfall, my own brother, we both are on the same comp and now I'm banned as well. Honestly, I had no idea what happened when he did whatever that is forbidden to your server while I wasn't around; however, please reconsider my bannage.

Yes, it is Nightfall whom I decided did not need to use my servers. See my comments about him in the other thread titled "coop games". I will remove that ban on you, 999er, and I'd suggest you ask your brother to stay away from rarefiles if he does not like coop. He's welcome in the dm servers. It was a combination of things which bothered me to the point of placing that ban, he wasn't so bad in a single instance (although if that was him who kept running for the exit in the coop server and shortcutting my games, dammit.....).

Yep ban Nightfall, and ban that fucker badfish and all the other names the juvenile, purile twat goes by. (Pardon my French)

Biffy said:

although if that was him who kept running for the exit in the coop server and shortcutting my games, dammit......

oh thanks so much for your kindness, but yeah, lol, i do that a lot too..sometimes in coop, it's called speedrunning, it's pretty fun actually :)

Biffy said:

although if that was him who kept running for the exit in the coop server and shortcutting my games, dammit......

oh thanks so much for your kindness, but yeah, lol, i do that a lot too..sometimes in coop, it's called speedrunning, it's pretty fun actually :)

fodders said:

Yep ban Nightfall, and ban that fucker badfish and all the other names the juvenile, purile twat goes by. (Pardon my French)

Haha, just give me his ip addy, and your wish is granted. It seems you have more than ample reason. :) Actually, I've never seen that name on rarefiles.

I adhere to an etiquette system that has its roots in what I learned back to 1995, which is when I started playing. I don't see a lot of people who do it like this anymore.

(1) you play to however many frags you agreed to, and then the winner is allowed to exit, unmolested, and the score is viewed.

(2) you don't talk much during the game.

(3) you don't kill yourself deliberately with a rocket unless you are out of ammunition and are, therefore, unable to use any of your weapons except handgun or fist. When you do this, it's called "saving one for yourself" (one rocket, that is). When in a game with a presumably lower skilled player, killing yourself when you get low on health is a skilless way to skew the game score even further in your favor. It should be considered cheating in tournaments and ladders, and is minimally unfair and insulting to the losing player.

(4) One would generally tend to say something regarding a completed game, either in the chatroom or after the exit and score display is complete (beginning of next map).

--BahdKo

will said:

There is no such thing as DM'rs etiquette, and there never will be. My advice is to play in places or to play ppl who abide by the same guide-lines you do. My two favourite places to play DM are: with 'r' on the doom connector, or on a rarefile's server. Those are about the only places where i can consistently find games that dont end up with one person complaining about the map or someone spouting off nonsense.

(2) you don't talk much during the game.

This is one rule I wish more ppl on zdaemon would follow. Getting in a game and then have someone ask you 20 questions like "who do you think is better, anders or ocelot?" "Do you think I'm a fast runner?" "Where do you live?".. these are all questions that really don't need to be answered in the middle of a game. I do enjoy the occasional 'heh' or 'lol' after someone blows themself up, but other than that just use irc.

umm, that ocassionaly happens with newbies, blunt

but if like between you and me in game, i doubt neither of us would ask such stupid questions like that, wouldn't we? cuz' we've known each other for quite a long time. It'd be so odd if I'd ask you "where do you live" in the middle of the game, lol ;)