Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Doom Alpha chat brinksmanship thread

DOOM® MP CLOSED ALPHA FAQ

No, I totally didn't just paste a massive wall of text and then link the article anyway

http://doom.com/en-us/alpha/faq

This thread will serve as the place to chat about the Alpha. Bear in mind if you talk about the stuff you see when you play, you will be breaking the NDA and might not get to play in further tests. - AirRaid

There was literally no need for you to copy and paste the entire damn FAQ into a thread.

I'm looking forward to checking this out. Annoyed that i'm not home for half this weekend, but there we go. :P

I got my steam invite email at 18:40 GMT (4 hours ago). My email address starts with an A though? Maybe theres some hope?

The website does specify that not everyone who applies will get access to the alpha. I guess they need a certain number of people in different regions.

AirRaid said:

I got my steam invite email at 18:40 GMT (4 hours ago). My email address starts with an A though? Maybe theres some hope?

The website does specify that not everyone who applies will get access to the alpha. I guess they need a certain number of people in different regions.

Are you actully able to play game now? Or code isn't active yet?

Oh man... I really hope I get an invite. I'm the sort of fan who loves their new mechanics.

got my invite! en email and this

The DOOM Closed Alpha will automatically appear in your Steam Library on or before Friday, October 23, 2015. Please note that multiplayer servers will not come online until 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time on Friday morning.

I really wish you would get confirmation you are entered into the pool; bought it digitally on console, which means it should be automatic, but still, this whole thing is one giant cluster.

Based on the wording of the FAQ, this may also not be the only closed alpha test, but the first.

Got my email here.

....and there goes my weekend =D

EDIT: Strangely enough, there doesn't seem to be any NDA detailed in the email or link. Hmmm. maybe when the game starts on Friday there'll be a notice? just wondering for screenshot/recording purposes...

Buckshot said:

Got my email here.

....and there goes my weekend =D

EDIT: Strangely enough, there doesn't seem to be any NDA detailed in the email or link. Hmmm. maybe when the game starts on Friday there'll be a notice? just wondering for screenshot/recording purposes...

As per the FAQ

CAN I DIVULGE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT MY CLOSED ALPHA EXPERIENCE ON THE INTERNET OR ON SOCIAL MEDIA?

All participants will be required to agree to a legally binding non-disclosure agreement (NDA), which expressly prohibits posting or sharing comments and/or content from the Closed Alpha. The Closed Alpha builds will contain watermarks that identify each participant. Those who violate the NDA will be banned from all future tests, including the Beta, and may be subject to further legal action.

Holy shit....we cannot share comments here on doom forums about alpha? Just a fucking text? Absurd!

BTW guys who already got their mails are you americans?

wheresthebeef said:

As per the FAQ

CAN I DIVULGE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT MY CLOSED ALPHA EXPERIENCE ON THE INTERNET OR ON SOCIAL MEDIA?

All participants will be required to agree to a legally binding non-disclosure agreement (NDA), which expressly prohibits posting or sharing comments and/or content from the Closed Alpha. The Closed Alpha builds will contain watermarks that identify each participant. Those who violate the NDA will be banned from all future tests, including the Beta, and may be subject to further legal action.

Ahh, alright, see that now. Thought so.

FWIW, we (meaning these forums) haven't been deputized by Zenimax to give a shit about their contractual provisos. If you feel compelled to break the NDA that's between you and your god, we're not going to be waiting around with our hand on the banhammer.

Linguica said:

FWIW, we (meaning these forums) haven't been deputized by Zenimax to give a shit about their contractual provisos. If you feel compelled to break the NDA that's between you and your god, we're not going to be waiting around with our hand on the banhammer.

I personally will abide by their NDA to avoid any troubles... I figure it just common courtesy as they are giving select individuals a early peek for helping test out.

Also, wouldn't want any trouble for Doomworld or the folks here. Bethesdas been exceptionally kind in not "altering the deal" in regards to DOOM's modding and GPL standing after acquiring Id software and all the IP that goes with it. I figure "out of sight, out of mind" is always best approach. I don't know if they could, but best not to find out and be a root cause of such a retaliation (hypothetically speaking, of course.)

No sense stirring up the swarm and causing unwanted attention if avoidable. Just edging on the side of caution :)

Jesus America, I live In you and Id doesn't want us to share the DOOM Alpha or details. Ok.

Hopefully that doesn't prohibit me from talking about It with my friends, cause 'Murica
It's understandable why'd they do that since It's a Closed Alpha, but God.

id.dav said:

Holy shit....we cannot share comments here on doom forums about alpha? Just a fucking text? Absurd!

BTW guys who already got their mails are you americans?

If you don't agree with the contract, don't sign the contract! Pretty simple really.

And, no. I'm british and have my code.

I'm fucking JEALOUS. Last night I had a dream that I was playing the Alpha, only it had a single player portion too. Not kidding.

AirRaid said:

If you don't agree with the contract, don't sign the contract! Pretty simple really.

And, no. I'm british and have my code.

IF I get code I will agree with NDA. No problem really)

DooM_RO said:

I'm fucking JEALOUS. Last night I had a dream that I was playing the Alpha, only it had a single player portion too. Not kidding.

I kinda feel they should add those two demos they made for the Reveal for a Single Player demo.

So since NDA prevents us from posting screenshots, videos or even commenting I assume this thread is solely about bragging whether someone got their key or not? :P

Tritnew said:

I kinda feel they should add those two demos they made for the Reveal for a Single Player demo.

There will very likely be SP content in the Beta later on. These alpha tests are MP only to stresstest the server setups.

Also I'm curious where someone dug those images from, since the files for the alpha aren't even on steam yet.

Surprised no one has noticed the absence of the normal shotgun.

Also that Repeater is a big hunking "pistol"

AirRaid said:

There will very likely be SP content in the Beta later on. These alpha tests are MP only to stresstest the server setups.

Also I'm curious where someone dug those images from, since the files for the alpha aren't even on steam yet.

I think the best thing they'd do Is release a demo for the game next year, maybe when Spring Is near.