Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cupboard

New Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer (spoiler predictions)

AwesomeO-789 said:

I meant the lightsaber Anakin used when he was still a jedi and Obi-Wan gave it to Luke in the first movie. It's in the trailers and now Finn is using it.

I can't recall episode 3 very well for good reason lol, but didn't obi-wan take it when he left anakin for dead at the end?

Which begs the question, what did vader do with obi-wans saber?

We know so litle... so all people can do is to reminisce the horrors of episode 2 and 3. Maybe this way it might surprise everybody by not being like episode 2 or 3.(hah)

Godling said:

That's exactly how it's supposed to work. The light flare is not AT the light source... it's an artifact of the lens, which is in-front of the hand... so yeah... it "better" be on top.

Yeah i know, and it still looks like a bug in a video game. actually... to me it looks like crap and ruins the entire image. I only did not want to be so direct in my previous post.

FireFish said:

We know so litle... so all people can do is to reminisce the horrors of episode 2 and 3. Maybe this way it might surprise everybody by not being like episode 2 or 3.(hah)

Yeah i know, and it still looks like a bug in a video game. actually... to me it looks like crap and ruins the entire image. I only did not want to be so direct in my previous post.

For the record... I don't like it either.

I thinks lens-flare works better when it heightens an otherwise ordinary shot, such as when someone is looking out of a spacesuit through a glass helmet. The flares would then be an artifact of the helmet and not the camera. The helmet's glass flares woulld actually obscure the characters vision and this can help provided a sense of anxiety based on having a semi-obstructed view. Flares for arts sake... or because they just look cool, is tacky, gaudy,... chintzy even. :)

I must also admit that i am nostalgic to the original, or even special edition light-sabers in terms of lighting. They did not cast light onto the user or environment, they just looked like a highly concentrated fantasy laser-beam with limited reach. The sabers had a severely different mood to them because of that.

I am starting to think that a lot of the magic from the originals came from the perfectionism. they achieved a lot while using old-school effects, real life effects, and the technical limitations of their film over film edits.

Yet i am willing to believe that disney, jj abrams, and a gazillion of other people are making a starwars movie the way George Lucas always wanted to.

I willingly admit I partook in the complete meltdown of online ticketing sites F5'ing the page until my fingers bled to get tickets for the earliest show. huzzzuhhhh!!! capitalism!!!

Quast said:

I can't recall episode 3 very well for good reason lol, but didn't obi-wan take it when he left anakin for dead at the end?

Which begs the question, what did vader do with obi-wans saber?

Obi-Wan gave it to Luke in A New Hope, Luke lost it in Empire when his hand got cut off and lost it along with his saber. I only call it Anakin's because he was the original owner of it. Luke's saber would be the green one he made himself.

AwesomeO-789 said:

Obi-Wan gave it to Luke in A New Hope, Luke lost it in Empire when his hand got cut off and lost it along with his saber. I only call it Anakin's because he was the original owner of it. Luke's saber would be the green one he made himself.

I cant seem to spot Luke his home-made light saber in 2 different ending versions of VI return of the jedi (with the original ghosts and the Hayden Christensen ghost), so i presume Luke Skywalker his final saber was left behind on the death star after he blindly threw it away to "peacefully" confront the Emperor.

It is best not to go to deep into these tiny holes, it is easy to destroy amazing movies if one keeps digging, and digging, while comparing the dirt to the logic of reality.

Edit ; Well, this certainly feels right on the mark.

I would've thought that his lightsaber would have fell through those ventilation shafts on Bespin's underside and would be forever lost to the gas giants gaseous atmopshere.

Avoozl said:

I would've thought his lightsaber would have fell through those ventilation shafts on Bespins underside and would be forever lost to the gas giants lower atmosphere.

Exactly what I was trying to say, somehow they've managed to get it back though.

Someone mashed up all the trailer footage into one long new trailer... and I gotta say... this mash-up finally made me feel the magic... lol. Still... I'm looking forward to it more now.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens supercut trailer combines every scrap of footage into one place

Edit: Okay, seriously... I've already watched this more times than the full trailer... so awesome. Sets a much better tone.