Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChickenOrBeef

DOOM Multiplayer Video

Gameplay starts at 1:00 mark:

My thoughts:

-First thing you notice is that the walk speed definitely won't satisfy PC players, but as a console player I have no complaints
-I like how the melee system is present in multiplayer. It seems to work just like in single-player, where your opponent glows when low on health.
-This video also sports some new industrial metal music from Mick Gordan. Nothing too unique, but it's still cool and fits well
-You can see red points flash on the screen for damage and yellow points for XP
-Overall looks like a lot of fun to me

Are there going to be Dmflags?

Am I going to be able to set up a server to NOT have quad damage or the demon transformation upgrade?

Looks pretty fucking cool. Nice of those folks to give a tiny bit of footage. Though I'd have loved to play it in person! Sounds are really good, especially the explosions.

tourettes said:

Are there going to be Dmflags?

Am I going to be able to set up a server to NOT have quad damage or the demon transformation upgrade?

I've been wondering if some of the SnapMap features can be made into global game modes, myself. That was always one of the coolest features of Halo where you could tweak the multiplayer rules to a ridiculous degree.

ChickenOrBeef said:

-First thing you notice is that the walk speed definitely won't satisfy PC players, but as a console player I have no complaints

Assuming that the game got strafejumping, It shouldn't be that big of an issue. But I don't know that yet.

kristus said:

Assuming that the game got strafejumping, It shouldn't be that big of an issue. But I don't know that yet.

It doesn't. As far as I remember, it had been confirmed that strafe-jumping is out of the game. I believe those who tested the game at Quakecon can tell more.

Kind of like the announcer, he manages to avoid the trap of the typical edgelord or beefcake announcer sound typical to FPS games. Just sounds like a slightly disinterested banker or something.

I'm sold on the soundtrack.
The mix between metal and industrial is fantastic, not to mention the great basslines.
Gunplay looks really fun, and is it just me, or have they already changed the Plasma Rifle's sounds?
I really like the idea of the Personal Teleporters, as I was wondering how they'd come into play.
It'll be interesting to use them to hop in and out of fire, and getting behind other players.
Only worry is that they could be used to camp Demon Runes.
With the announcement, I can imagine players placing them there at the beginning of the round, staying out of harms way until the Rune spawns, then teleporting directly to it.
Either way, this really looks like a winner.
Have to say I'm happy with how this is turning out.

I believe I read yesterday an interview with Marty Stratton talking about it. I'll have to look again in a few but I do believe he mentions having a short time limit after you throw it to use it. After that I think you have to wait for the cool down to use it again which would make sense honestly. I'd hate to see people camping the demon runes or any of the guns or power ups in this. This is looking solid so far :)

Patrol1985 said:

It doesn't. As far as I remember, it had been confirmed that strafe-jumping is out of the game. I believe those who tested the game at Quakecon can tell more.

That's true. With double jump mechanics strafe jumping doesn't make sense since then you can strafe jump all the pits and make crazy traversal.
Doom is not a thoroughbred PC fps like quake 3, it's slow...but well it is still a great thing to have in this BS console shit era. Console masses will be happy.

MrDeAD1313 said:

I believe I read yesterday an interview with Marty Stratton talking about it. I'll have to look again in a few but I do believe he mentions having a short time limit after you throw it to use it. After that I think you have to wait for the cool down to use it again which would make sense honestly. I'd hate to see people camping the demon runes or any of the guns or power ups in this. This is looking solid so far :)

This is right, he said you have a 5 second window. The teleports were used exaclty like that in UT - to kinda camp the redeemer and other spawns. Having them on a timer sounds like a decent idea.

As others have stated, this is most definitely slow for PC afps standards.

I also hope that loadouts will be rendered optional/removed (like ql is now doing with the upcoming update) and ffs.. either increase the base movementspeed or give us strafejumping support.

id.dav said:

but well it is still a great thing to have in this BS console shit era.

This so many times.

id.dav said:

it's slow...but well it is still a great thing to have in this BS console shit era. Console masses will be happy.

quakke said:

As others have stated, this is most definitely slow for PC afps standards.

The salt sure is piling up.

I don't believe I have been posting passive-aggressively about a video game character not approximating the land speed record.

That's the thing isn't it? Doom is about being a very mobile with an arsenal of all the weapons fighting demons/other players.
From everything we've seen thus far, Doom4 is about being a very mobile with an arsenal of all the weapons fighting demons/other players. Not seeing any issues, here.

You're telling that to me and not the dude in the other thread that's talking about Afghanistan and bathing in ice water with his sister's friend?