Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Doom Alpha chat brinksmanship thread

AirRaid said:

It app in steam is currently showing up named "Main Menu", but it has a white on black Doom icon.

I read this somewhere else too. I'm at work until 10 tonight so I have my girlfriend checking my steam library every once in a while for that lol. Is it in your library games list?

Yes. I got a steam key for it in my email since I had a retail beta code, and it appears as soon as I activated the key. I guess yours will get added at some point automatically. If you have Categories for games set up in your library it'll be beneath all those in the general bit marked "Games".

Also, there's 5GB of data to download now. No executable file yet so you can't actually run it, but the map data and stuff is there so you won't have to DL all of it before you can start playing. Like a preload I guess.

Gotcha. That's exactly what I thought. Now its just driving me crazy waiting for this to magically appear in my library. Still 5 hours away but I kinda figured it would be ready for a preload by now. Anyone else waiting without an alpha key?

Got it! Here's what happened:

I've been waiting and on the verge of a small nervous breakdown lol
Just received an email saying there was a problem auto assigning it to my account and got a key. Thanks for looking out though AirRaid. Hope to see you in game soon!

I probably won't start playing til a couple hours after it starts. It's midnight here now. :P I'll be on it when I get up though for a few hours before work.

And I literally just got back into a normal sleeping pattern...

Just got my PS4 code in a few moments ago. I redeemed the beta code with an old email address and just signed up with my new gaming specific email earlier today - and got the code for the latter earlier today. Weird. It automatically starts downloading for PS4 users once you input the code so you'll be ready to go once the servers unlock.

EDIT: Seems to be match made.

Anyone that wants to get in a party tonight can add me on PS4: Johnny_Nebulous

If it's matchmaking, well, whatever. I'm used to that shit by now in the console world; can't wait to get a PC again. Just curious, what the hell is the supposed benefit of matchmaking? I get the impression MM is just a way to pinch pennies and be cheap, although I do understand that dedicated servers are probably more expensive to maintain than I'm aware of.

EDIT: Report feedback at doom.com/alpha/feedback Seems to default you to the FAQ for some reason.

You can start the game up and adjust your settings already. Now just waiting for it to go live. So. Freaking. Excited :)

MrDeAD1313 said:

Its telling me that its already activated with my account but wont download anything. Wtf do I do now?!

hop onto DOOM's official twitter page and/or facebook page, and leave a comment on one of tonight's official alpha posts. They are checking the comments. Make sure to leave your system type (pc, ps4, xbone) in the error you're receiving.

Buckshot said:

hop onto DOOM's official twitter page and/or facebook page, and leave a comment on one of tonight's official alpha posts. They are checking the comments. Make sure to leave your system type (pc, ps4, xbone) in the error you're receiving.

All set. Just showed up. Thanks guys. You gonna be on tonight BuckShot?

Been a long time since I'd posted in here, but I've received my Doom Alpha download and it's done on Steam. Add me on as Aggress1vePerfector if you'd want to try playing later on. I believe I'm on Doomworld's group as well.

Should show up as "Spazman".

TheSpazztikOne said:

Been a long time since I'd posted in here, but I've received my Doom Alpha download and it's done on Steam. Add me on as Aggress1vePerfector if you'd want to try playing later on. I believe I'm on Doomworld's group as well.

Should show up as "Spazman".

Tried adding Aggress1vePerfector but nothing turned up. You can also add me as Mr. DeAD1313 if anyone wants to try getting together

MrDeAD1313 said:

All set. Just showed up. Thanks guys. You gonna be on tonight BuckShot?

Maybe. Probably. 60% of me wants to join in tonight. The other 40% wants not to ruin the surprise of Doom's debut in 2016 and starting it up for the first time then.

Kind of feel a little bit of 11th hour cold feet about it... strangely enough. Weird, I know. Just don't want to spoil that sort of anticipation which has been building up for well over a decade now.

I hear ya man. I felt that too, but also feels kinda sweet to actually get an invite to something that I really wanna be a part of. I'm in lol

**Funny thing just happened as I'm typing this:

The lady is laying on the couch watching Congo on Netflix, pauses it and says

'Get outta here.. Look at the TV.'

A monitor with E1M1 running! hahahaha!

It's a sign. Gotta do it now :)

DemonSphere said:

If we're having issues or anything is there any official outlet for us to report them to without breaking the NDA or whatever?

I actually responded to my alpha invite as a shot in the dark kinda thing and I just get a response from the Doom team. Try that if all else fails. Just now saw I had an email and it was them.

MrDeAD1313 said:

The lady is laying on the couch watching Congo on Netflix, pauses it and says

"Mr. Harmocia, stop eating my sesame cake."

"Hrmm?"

"STOP EATING MY SESAME CAKE! What are you doing in my country, you piece of shit?"

Haha. Tim Curry was such a bitch in that movie, lol. Classic.

Buckshot said:

"Mr. Harmocia, stop eating my sesame cake."

"Hrmm?"

"STOP EATING MY SESAME CAKE! What are you doing in my country, you piece of shit?"

Haha. Tim Curry was such a bitch in that movie, lol. Classic.

LMAO!

The worse part Is that Id won't allow us to talk about It publicly and shit. Maybe they won't be so tight with the beta, but I doubt It.

I'm just rooting for the Beta to have a Single Player sample at least.