Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Doom Alpha chat brinksmanship thread

ReFracture said:

Yep, sent some already. I'll be putting quite a few hours into it this weekend to put together more thoughts for them.

Same :)

there will be more demon to use such a hell baron? only revenant would be boring after some time

Amph said:

there will be more demon to use such a hell baron? only revenant would be boring after some time

Yes and you can see it in snapmap presentation segment with horns in the upper corners of the screen and he tears off player's head.

TheSpazztikOne said:

Yes.

Can you adjust FOV? And how much it is consolised and how much it is a thoroughbred pc fps?

Okay so I played the Alpha and I'm going to answer the question that's on everybody's mind: Yes. Disinterested banker is fucking awesome!

Shaviro said:

Okay so I played the Alpha and I'm going to answer the question that's on everybody's mind: Yes. Disinterested banker is fucking awesome!

But is the game fun??? How do the weapons feel? What about the way it looks? Concerns about speed?

DooM_RO said:

But is the game fun???

Yes.

How do the weapons feel? What about the way it looks? Concerns about speed?

I'm not at liberty to divulge that information.
I will field any questions about disinterested banker though.

Sonofabitch! Here I am on bus going out of town, checked my email and theres the alpha code! Can I use it tomorrow when I get home or is it only usable today?

LANEGRACABRA said:

Sonofabitch! Here I am on bus going out of town, checked my email and theres the alpha code! Can I use it tomorrow when I get home or is it only usable today?

I wouldn't know, but couldn't you just download the Steam/Playstation/Xbox app onto your phone and redeem the code there? I know the Steam and PS apps allow this.

LANEGRACABRA said:

It's just a product key, you should be able to activate it any time. Even after the test finishes this weekend. There will be more tests.

Fuck it, I'll beg. Anyone have a spare code for the PS4 alpha they're willing to give out to a complete stranger (and an asshole-ish one at that)? I'm dying to play this for myself...

Spoiler

-10000 dignity points

Edit: Or a spare PC code you won't use so I can trade it for a PS4 code on another forum...

AwesomeO-789 said:

Fuck it, I'll beg. Anyone have a spare code for the PS4 alpha they're willing to give out to a complete stranger (and an asshole-ish one at that)? I'm dying to play this for myself...

Spoiler

-10000 dignity points

Edit: Or a spare PC code you won't use so I can trade it for a PS4 code on another forum...

Doesn't quite work like that... even if you got a beta code now and signed up for the alpha, You'd have to be randomly picked to get access to this alpha, which has already been decided for this weekend. And, Alpha codes are specific to steam accounts... you may be able to enter the alpha key, but it would likely deny you as your steam id is blacklisted as a non-invited player.

Don't fret. This is Alpha test 1. Stratton has already stated the Alpha will continue during certain weekends over the next few months, and more invitations will be sent to a wider audience as those evemts occur.

Downloading now. Wasn´t available until 10:00 AM for me though... (Germany)

MrDeAD1313 said:

Gonna be a painfully loooooong, loooooooooooooong day at work today..

And a ridiculously short weekend ;)

Sucks not being able to talk about everything we now know outside of our steam chat, doesn't it? :P

So many questions and threads out there that its like "DAHHH! I wish I could put in my 2 cents", lol. Just saw one about "UT4 vs. Idtech 6 vs idtech 5" posted a bit ago, and it took all my willpower to bite my tongue.

Now I know what it feels like to live on the moon.

Buckshot said:

Sucks not being able to talk about everything we now know outside of our steam chat, doesn't it? :P

So many questions and threads out there that its like "DAHHH! I wish I could put in my 2 cents", lol. Just saw one about "UT4 vs. Idtech 6 vs idtech 5" posted a bit ago, and it took all my willpower to bite my tongue.

Now I know what it feels like to live on the moon.

Or Mars ;) Hahahaha

Yeah this is difficult. Having all the answers for the first time in my life and having to keep my mouth shut is weird. I don't like it lol

AwesomeO-789 said:

Spoiler

-10000 dignity points

Watch your inbox. Just got a PS4 alpha invite. I'd totally give it away but its tied to the account :s Keep an eye out and good luck my friend