Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Josch

zdaemon: cannot launch

Hi, got error: unable to find IWAD doom2.wad etc.

I entered c:\doom2\doom2.wad in the directory settings and the wad should be a 1.9 version at least I got no errors while converting.

do you know which file, size, date is exactly needed ? any other ideas ? thanks much

Dont enter the doom2.wad part. Only give it the directory

C:\Doom2

Provided everything else is correct, then it should work.

The exact size of the Doom2 wad should be 14,604,584 bytes and modified in February 1995. Check that to see if it's right.

c:\doom2 worked...but now I got:
unable to run zdaemon mainly because it is not here....

I tried a couple of entries in the directory settings no success.
I have zdaemon v0.99 and dwango5.wad in the same folder as all doom files

What do you recommend ? thanks much

^Yeah - if you download csdoom and skulltag it should sort you out with a few more servers...all servers can then be viewed with IDE which is the best client around at the moment.
If there are anymore problems, fodders is ya man!

fodders, can't follow you ..haven't found the link nor a IDE client somewhere in the net.
sorry still a rookie in some things
I tried csdoom 0.7. started csdlauncher but no servers to be seen as I saw with zdaemon launcher... it is getting a bad day. can you help? thanks

yep got it...likes good but now the zdaemon is connecting and connecting and connecting. the log says
23:06:04: Internet Doom Explorer started. Happy Fragging ;-)
23:06:06: NET_GetPacket: Unknown error

23:06:11: Can't connect to CsDoom master server
23:06:11: Number of ZDaemon servers=19

any idea ? thanks much

Make sure that your doom2.wad is located in the same folder with the rest of Zdaemon files you've downloaded from the site. Current version the public is using right now is ver0.99. Include custom wads in the same directory if you need. Run Zlauncher.exe and find the right server.

Josch said:

Can't connect to CsDoom master server

any idea ? thanks much

This is because CsDoom Master Server is down now (last 2 days). If you want to see csdoom servers, add these strings to IDE.INI:

[CsDoomServers]
server0=194.177.125.68:10666
server1=130.236.229.68:10666
server2=194.177.125.68:11666
server3=130.232.21.67:10677
server4=130.232.21.66:10777

Generally, CSDoom servers are nice for Europeans; Zdaemon servers are nice for Americans/Canadians.

what about the autoexec.cfg. Mine was no there.I found one hit in the net saying: take the zdoom.cfg add at the bottom line ''set autoexec “C:\Doom2\autoexec.cfg”'' and save it as autoexec.cfg. is that ok ?

I also add the csdoom servers in the ide.ini at least I see the server in the ide but still waiting for a connection.
got ALL files in the same folder except folder zdaemon_docs

HALELULIA... just did all from the beginning and worked...my connection is too slow so I got killed every time...

ZDOOM: how can I see whos playing ?