Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

.mid to .wav?

I would quite like to save some of the Doom midis as wav files, for analysis and other stuff. I've heard it's possible, can anyone show me how?

Thanks.

Timidity++ can do it, but in takes patience and a little trial and error to set up. The samples are a pretty hefty download, but it's worth it. You can also set it up to use SoundFonts instead of the Gravis Ultrasound patches for download, called Eawpats. Read the docs thoroughly, and you should be able to get it working.

To use WinAmp's diskwriter plugin, go to Preferences->Plug-ins->Output->Nullsoft Disk Writer plug-in. Highlight it, hit the Configure button, and set an output directory. Don't worry about all the other options if they're there (depends on your version of WinAmp). When you play a file, it should play faster than normal, and you will see rampant hard disk activity. Individual WAV files for each song will then be present in the directory you selected for output.

999cop said:

Use Windows Media Player to save it as in format .wav

That won't work. You have to record it.

Saving a new thread:-

I got the Silver Spring soundfont, but it comes with a sfArk extension, is that some kind of compressed file or something?

Stupid question, but will the sound quality of a midi converted to a .wav be the same as it always has been?

I've done what Bloodshedder said and I can configure/disable it fine now, but when I play midis it doesn't convert them at all, yet it will for mp3s or .wav files (creates a large file) Can anyone help? It's Winamp 2.76.

Cheers

Mr. Chris said:

how do i get that new soundfont to work with PRBoom?

You need a sound card that is capable of using soundfonts.