Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Is This Thing On?

Sorry about yesterday if you weren't able to access the site. Telefragged took down the servers for upgrades, making them even more monstrous than they previously were.

On a slightly more important note, I'm decided to try a "dry run" of the comments system I'm busily adding to Doomworld. There are still some kinks in it right now -- for one thing, the server often won't update the number of comments listed underneath each news update, and it's also not on a permanent databse so anything you post might be erased in a few days. But whatever... try it out! Give me a good reason to make comments a permanent addition to Doomworld.

Guest Anonymous User

testing

Guest Anonymous User

What does this system need in a browser? So far my account creation requests have been met with a dialog box that asks for authentication and wants my username and password (which I don't have yet, obviously). I have Java and JS turned off, so is it that, or is it something on DW's end?

i would assume that this would work in almost any browser that supports input boxes.. etc

Guest Anonymous User

I'm Canadian!

Guest Anonymous User

I think this works pretty well, I say you should keep it! Karl-Oscar Olson karlo@mbox302.swipnet.se

Guest Anonymous User

These boards are a very good idea, and I like it when news sites provide a board related to the stories. Definitely a keeper. BTW: Are the old message boards that were on this site a couple months ago still active? I couldn't find a link to them anywhare on the main page. balanco00@my-deja.com

Guest Anonymous User

Linguica - Monday Dec 13 13:27:18 1999 - Erm Probably because there never were any? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> There were a different set message boards that were hosted on another message board server (wasn't part of the doomworld domain), and Doomworld had a link to them on the top of the main page for a short while. --balanco00@my-deja.com

Guest mystican

balanco i think ling would know if there weren't any .. him being the lord and master of all things doomworld and all .. youre probably thinking of forums.doomnation.com

Guest Anonymous User

mystican - Tuesday Dec 14 06:09:29 1999 - message boards on dw balanco i think ling would know if there weren't any .. him being the lord and master of all things doomworld and all .. youre probably thinking of forums.doomnation.com >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I think your right about about the boards being hosted by Doomnation, not Doomworld, but I still remember a link (or atleast a mention of thise boards) being on this site. Odd. --balanco00@my-deja.com

Guest Anonymous User

<font size="2">
<font color="#0000FF">C<font color="#0130FF">O <font color="#0150FF">M<font color="#0170FF">A <font color="#0190FF">N<font color="#01B0FF">C <font color="#01D0FF">H<font color="#01F0FF">E
<font color="#0000FF">D<font color="#0130FF">A> <font color="#0150FF">V<font color="#0170FF">E </font>

Guest Anonymous User

<font color="#0000FF">C<font color="#0130FF">O<font color="#0150FF">M<font color="#0170FF">A<font color="#0190FF">N<font color="#01B0FF">C<font color="#01D0FF">H<font color="#01F0FF">E
<font color="#0000FF">D<font color="#0130FF">A<font color="#0150FF">V<font color="#0170FF">E</font>

Guest Anonymous User

HELLO!
HELLO!

Sorry, just testing...
--