Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Wolfenstein: The Next Generation

I saw over at Voodoo Extreme that during a recent interview with Paul Steed and Tim Willits of id Software, the question of possible sequels to Doom and Wolfenstein was brought up. What's that? A quote? Sure, why not:

[choc] #Auditorium.Room01 -> how about doom 2000 and wolfenstein 3d updated any hints?

[Willits] a version of wolfenstein using the Quake 3 engine is currently in development

[Willits] ...but not by id software, under the DIRECTION of id software

I note that Willits conveniently forgot about the Doom2000 part of the question... what this means I can only wonder.

Guest Reaper

If id Software doesn't make Doom2000, I'm gonna shit my pants and never buy another id game again (huge exaggeration...). Seriously, though, I'll be really disappointed in them if they don't...

Guest Anonymous User

Kinda off subject, but does anyone else remember this? unfortunatly his homepage is dead now so maybe not =(

Guest Aftershock

I've been wondering about whether anything interesting will happen on June 16, 2000. Do the math. AFTERSHOCK

Guest Aftershock

Apparently, the system was posting my messages at the same time it was telling me I had the wrong password (I knew I had it right...)

Guest Risen

Hey, this time they'll use the 3D name in the title AND use a real 3D engine. Isn't that a first or something? (Ok, so it's not, but I found it amusing that Wolf3D and Duke3D weren't really 3D at all...) I'd like to see a Doom2K, but it would have to be done right. There's nothing like meeting your first Cacodemon, or Cyberdemon... Can they reproduce that feeling? If not, I'd rather they didn't try and end up disgracing the DOOM name.

Guest Anonymous User

Heh heh.. That was silly. Well, I would absolutely lllovvve to see a new DOOM. At first, the idea seemed great and exciting! But after thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that a new DOOM would probably be more like Doom64 than Doom 3. I hope they make it. I also realize that if they do make it, it'd probably bite severely. What're we talking about here? Oh! Yeah, Wolfenstein 2. I'd like to see that. They have a much less chance of screwing it up than they would do to Doom 3. I say, Wolfenstein 2 all the way!! :-b

Guest FyrestormX

Now Risen is right (and better email me with stats on TR). Doom2K would be a dream come true if id would start (or maybe they already did) start making it. Either way, Romero wont be on the job if they make it, so it may not be as fun...

Guest Anonymous User

I remember seeing a report a couple of weeks ago (www.quake3.dk posted it. In danish) that some newspaper or weekly magazine had reported that the new wolf3d was in production. And that Xatrix was doing it. Yummy.

Guest Karlo

Well, if there is going to be a new Wolfenstein game let´s hope that it´ll be so good that Id makes a new DooM. (AND we get a good game too).

Guest Anonymous User

Well, there is Wolfendoom and it's Operation Rheingold episodes (some of the best levels I've ever seen) to tide us over :) --balanco00@my-deja.com

Guest Anonymous User

I just dug out and started playing the original Wolfenstein 3d again a couple days ago :) balanco00@my-deja.com

Guest pagb666

They aren't going to make any DooM sequel... There is no computer capable of moving 10s of monsters at a time

Guest DrCrypt

Bruce Lewis was indeed supposed to do a WolfGL, but then claimed he would have to rewrite the entire engine to do it, and consequently wasn't worth it. Of course, someone else has done it since, apparently without the hassle of rebuilding the engine. www.frag.com/wolfgl is the URL. The more I think about it and Bruce Lewis' sordid past and strange statements, the more I think that he didn't know nearly as much as he seemed to.

Guest Grimloc

Dudes, don't annoy id about making a new DooM or a new Wolfenstein 3d. Doing so would ruin the aura of the two games. What would DooM be like 3d-Accelerated? Try Doom 64. What would Wolfenstein 3d be like outside of a castle (BOX!)? Try Mortyr or that other game that's coming out. Don't ask for a new Wolfenstein or Doom. You KNOW you'll be disappointed. Settle with DoomGL and ZDoom, and WolfGL (It's out, although It doesn't work...). Grimloc out.

Guest Grunt

look at all the hints Id gave us in Quake 3 the Doom Guy Model and Crash? I just hope they make a new Doom game.

Guest Doomlegend

I bet ID are making doom2000. The question is, when???

Guest Anonymous User

They way to make all those hordes of monsters run smooth is to have 2 model sets: A low-poly set for those with anything less than a GeForce, and a hi-res set for the lucky bastards with power to spare. Trust me, the evidence supports Doom2k and I don't think they're gonna ruin the gameplay of the original games.

...something. Thank you. :) Oh wait! I wan't to say something else... ...something else. ;) I'm praying for Doom2K. It doesn't have to be sent out to stores on 2K, just that it's finished before 2001. :)

Guest Anonymous User

I really hope Wolf3d2 and Doom2k kick off. But, before everyone starts think of Doom and Wolf in the Q3 engine, wouldn't you rather see it in an engine that lookes even better than Q3? If they do make these, I hope they come out on Dreamcast also (at least then I could play them). Now, if someone only made Rott2...Ike654@aol.com

Guest Anonymous User

In some article it said that John Carmack wanted to lean away from search and shoot games with keys and such and wants to do more like Q3A.

Guest Anonymous User

If (and I mean IF) id software decided to make Doom2K (I think that it should be called doom 3 because I'm sick of the 2000 crap), they should go back to there roots. Doom fans will want that, not many will want to play quake with doom monsters. A new 3D engine should be developed too, The quake 3 engine is just a souped up quake 2 engine which was a souped up quake 1 engine. A new Doom directed engine will give a doom feel - Density (www.draftsoft.web.com)