Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

Ugh, being sick is not fun... especially during finals week. I got some good feedback to what people considered to be the worst levels of Doom and Doom 2, with Map24 and Map30 garnering a lot of the votes, and maps 13, 14 and 15 being pretty disliked as well. After all this pessimism, the perfect followup question would be, which standard Doom or Doom 2 map do you like the most? Personally I'm a big fan of E1M5 and Map02. You?

Guest Niptlar

From the SP point of view, from Doom II, I kinda liked Dm27, but that was mostly because of the music; I hated pretty much every Doom II level. I'll pretty much endorse the second episode (of D1). Some of episode 3 was cool (because I got to use my fist a lot), but I say episode 1 and 4 both pretty much sucked across the board. The only two good things about D2 were the SS and the custom DM maps. Maybe this post will stir up something.

Guest Anonymous User

Map 7. The most intense of the Doom2 levels. Both in single player and in death match.

Guest Anonymous User

Levels from Episode 1 kick ass... Yeah, they are easy as fuck but I'm talking about the style, it rocks! As for DooM 2.. I dunno, they never reached the same quality that DooM 1 had although they were mostly good too...

Let's face it, the first time is always something special, isn't it? E1M* are easily my favourite stock Doom or Doom2 levels.

Guest Anonymous User

Doom 2 - Map07, great SP, even greater DM. All maps from now on should copy it directly, textures and all.

Guest cocoon

Well since I began playing doom with doom2, my favorites are found in that game. Map04, 07, 14, 22 and 26 are kickass all of them, both in terms of gameplay and in looks. Since I never posted a reply on least fav map I can just say that most maps by Sandy Petersen (was that his name?) were pretty much stinking ugly and since I am the shallow type of guy (care just about appearance ;) ) I do not like those.

Guest Comanche

Maybe because I played the hell out of the shareware before getting off the wallet. Maybe because I can run through all nine levels in UV with 100% everything :) In the v1.2 I love E1M4 (command control) with the Swastika. Yea Man!

Guest Anonymous User

The BEST DM map. Ultra small, no place to hide, all the weapons. Let the fragfest begin ...

Guest Anonymous User

Simply the BEST map! It's ultra small, no place to hide, has all the weapons, non stop killing. Let the fragfest begin ...

Guest Anonymous User

I think (for DM) the best map has to be MAP01. For single play, the first episode of Doom is the best - Density (draftsoft.web.com)

Guest Uberian

Definitely every episode-1 level (best of the best being e1m2 and e1m7). Not sure whether it's nostalgia or just because they're good levels, but they're the originals and damn they rock. As far as DM goes they all sucked, and that goes for MAP07 too (which gets really tiresome really quickly).

Guest Karlo

I must agree with Capellan and everyone else that those levels are the best. In Doom2 I don´t know, Map07 maybe. I also want to say that my favorite Final Doom level is Human BarbQ, mostly because of the burning human in the beginning...;-)

Guest Anonymous User

Episode 1 level 1 from Doom 1, especially the first time you play it and you have no f*cking idea what's going on and what that is throwing fireballs at you... and Map 02 is kind of cool... A good shoot-out level...

Guest Anonymous User

I like Barrels of Fun... its a great map! OK OK OK its rock hard... but its the best level on DOOM2. Its hard to sya for Doom... E4 is good though!

Guest Anonymous User

I like map 20 because I like the monster placement, though the ending kind of sucked. Map 23 runs close behind for me! e1m7 was also one of my personal favorites as well, with e4m6 coming close behind it. Did you notice there isn't really any levels in Doom2 were you take on the cyberdemon 1 on 1 really? The closest you get to it is map32, which is a cheezy level, and map29 when you canjust run by it to get to the exit. Doom2 could have been SO much more exciting. Oh well...

Guest mystican

from doom1 e1m5 is definately the coolest. i liked it so much i started making a ver for q2 hehe .. yea e1m5 rocks. from doom2 map04 i really like, cuz i love the base feel to it .. it really feels like a proper base or part of one anyway, i guess it reminds me of doom1 episode 1 - different textures obviously.

Guest geos

for doom1 my favourite map was e3m9 (you know the e3m1 with some neat stuff) and for doom2 it was map14. but in dm it is e1m1 and map07. map25 is kinda good

Guest Doss

I like all of Doom's episode 1. Really hard to pick a fav., but I think E1M6, E1M1 and E1M4 are those levels I've played the most. By the way, I used to play Doom on the first levels and stay in them for HOURS just to get high of the great atmosphere. E2M1 and E2M2 kick ass too. My comment about worst level earlier was that all of Doom2's suck. But I think Map02-04, Map07 and Map27 are the best in Doom2. Doom 1 rules... :)

Guest Effigy

I remember the first time I played "House of Pain" -- stumbling upon the large room filled with corpses impaled or hanging...I got slaughtered by the Baron of Hell in the area just because I was fascinated. It was a freaky/cool/very well done part of a rather crappy level. Map 29 is just visually neat; I like the "work your way around the center" theme, and the visuals are pretty good. Nothing like high platform action.

Guest Omniverse

At least I think this map is E1M3, it is definitely E1M-something. Anyway, it has the secret exit that leads to E1M9. Fun fun level in every way.

Guest Anonymous User

e1m9 and e2m1. why? the music in them ruled, the maps were fairly simple, and both involved a lot of shooting.

Guest Anonymous User

All of episode 1 of Doom1. The levels bring back so many memories of when I played Doom for the first time, and how awestruck I was with the 3d engine back then :) balanco00@my-deja.com

Guest Anonymous User

I think that map20 is the best map in doom2 with some mad fights even though you can finish the map without entering the cyber/spider room, it rules. But i also have to put a vote in for map01 for the best deathmatch experience.

Guest Anonymous User

Has to be E1M3, although all of KDITD is great. I got bored with Doom2 after a while.

The very, very first time I saw Doom 2 was at my cousin's house, it was Map02, in the room with the red door and the switches. That was my first look at the commonly-heard DOOM game, and I was quite impressed. Um, no matter. The first time I played it though, I believe I was on Map13, and that memory is blended into my mind permanently. Since that day, I've always had a certain fondness for Map13, so Map13 it is... Downtown!!! :-b

Guest pagb666

I liked DooM E1, it's an unforgettable experience. The worst ones... map24, map30 and map21.

Guest Anonymous User

Well, I would say that in the original Doom game I really liked the levels in "The Shores of Hell" and "Inferno" episodes. In Doom2 I really liked "Focus", "Tricks and traps", "Downtown", "Factory", "Industrial Zone", "Gotcha!", "Abandoned Mines","The Chasm" and "Spirit world" and "Living End". Spread it, dudes: DOOM2 IZ DA BEST SHOOTER EVER!!!!!!!! -thanx, Eugene Sloupsky

Guest Anonymous User

the best maps in doom2 are map14, 16, 22, 05 and 17. those i disliked the most was map10, 23 and 28. don't remember all the doom1/ultimate doom levels... -gem

Guest Aftershock

It had my favorite music out of both games, it had great near-dark areas. It had the fake exit, and you were always wondering what secret doors had opened that were going to release monsters just when you though it was safe. Yep, my favorite level is 'Halls of the Damned.' -Aftershock