Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

More Doom2000 Stuff

Man, this stuff is just turning up in spades. I don't believe this got mentioned around these here parts, but Gamespot has posted a big huge article about "the final days of Quake 3," and while the article obviously focuses on that game, it does ask the id team about what might come next from them. This article makes it sound as if a new Doom game will not be the next project for id, but then again who can really say at this point?

Guest Demolition

I really hope that Id's next project is Doom2K This will be a great game!!!!!!!! And the best end chapter!!!

Guest amerrykan

FINAL. As in Final Doom? Read the front of the box. It even admits it's the closure of the Doom games. Even if Doom2k became a reality, it would just be Doom with polygons, and obnoxiously poor lighting. Might as well just play Quake. Not like there could possibly be any unexplored extention to the already water-thin plot: Anger christians by ridding virtual worlds of hellspawn.

From what I read in the article I don't think doom2000 was ruled out in the slightest. Doom2000 could very well be "the next game using the quake3 engine" while carmack goes off and researches, heh...

Guest Doomlegend

Doom2000 is on everybody's mind. Doom 2K might be id's next project, and it might use the Quake 3 engine, but don't get your hopes up, it just might be a ....... rumor.......

I know. I get beaten for this, but there shouldn't be ANOTHER Doom game. WAIT! Put down that gun! I'm not finished. :) Doom is gone and passed. The time of Doom has ended, but the story of it has not. Doom was about UAC and their screw ups... although hell was a good little add in. ;) What they should do is take the story that Doom started with, and start a whole new experence. Something like the hellspawn return, but this time it's not just them. At first, the game could be just the Doom creatures, but then develope further when something ELSE attacks both hell and Earth (or what ever. :). Think about that. Why make baddies you already know, when they can do something that strikes YOU down as 'Holy cow! That THING just took out the Cyberdemon!!!'. Shock works a lot better then predictability. Just my two hundred cents. :)

This idea is mine, so if you want it, ask me at korin_dos@hotmail.com before you take it. :)

Guest Anonymous User

Made doom1 and 2 wads work for doom2k so if textures are added made it so the object the textures effect aren't polygon but if no textures are added it would look cool to play your wad in true 3d.

Guest Anonymous User

Who cares about Doom 2000? Half-Life 2000 is the game to make!

Guest Anonymous User

it needs to redo the original Doom if you ask me. Nothing, (i mean NOTHING) captured our hearts like reading the readme, describing your buddies being killed over the radios, and you having to go in alone, it was a brilliant horror story, and could be executed better. thats why doom II sucked. aliens invaded earth, its kinda dumb, where as a battle for survival on phobos station (and deimos, and .. hell ... (whatever that was all about)) was much cooler. they could redo it, where you start, by flying up to phobos from mars, hearing the bloodshed your self, and then going in with a few buddies. although my description sucks, i think you all know what i mean

Guest Anonymous User

this is the same guy as the previous post. they should also explain just exactly what UAC was doing, and maybe you getting to see the phobos anamoly (the teleporter to deimos they constructed) before the massacre happens (because we all know phobos anamoly was where the hell barons were), man... doom2k could be the greatest game... but dont use the q3 engine.... unreal engine runs smoother and prettier on my 200mmx.

Guest Anonymous User

it's a pretty sure thing Doom2k won't be Id's next project and I seriously doubt they will be going anywhere else with quake. Quake 3 has a lot of goodies in it from all of their games. The doom marine being one. Also explaining a bit and introducing other charactors, such as Crash, doom's instructor. Phobos, who lead the invasion on phobos, only to be betrayed by his superiors. The Plasma gun, ahh yes the plasma gun. Though it doesn't have the insane fire rate of the one from doom, it's still a welcome revisit. Well, if Id were to ever revisit doom with a new game, it would be best to do a prologue, before all hell breaks loose. And it would be better not use a modified engine base on the graphic engine of quake3, like what they did with quake2, they just used a hacked up version of the quake engine. For if they didn't you'd end up with quake3 with a new skin and a story >=)

Guest Anonymous User

I wouldn't hope and Id game to run on the unreal engine >=) Maybe a start-up could buy the rights the Doom name and create another game. Possibly using the unreal engine or monolith's lithtech engine. But, I seriously doubt anyone would want to buy the rights to doom anyways

Guest Anonymous User

Why would id do a game called DOOM2000 if TeamTNT, the designers of Final Doom, are using the name as a sequel to their Icarus: Alien Vanguard series? The way they ended the Doom story was not a closure to the game, it was more like an end of the UAC. They may make a Quake 3 engine version of Doom or possibly just redo the whole series. That is the only possibility that I think is reasonable.

Guest Anonymous User

first of all i think theres no way it would come out in 2000. secondly i think the quake 3 engine would be wonderful for giving us the doom world. theres some crazy organic looking stuff in q3, hell would have never looked better. and i agree that multiplayer stuff is important, only a fool would deny that now, but seriously doom was one of the (if not the) first games to even offer deathmatch. the doom experience was all about single player. it was. thats why everybody liked halflife so much, because since doom, there havent been any games that provided that much of an exciting on the edge of the seat gaming experience. single player was the whole doom angle, we've lost contact... theres no suvivors... its just you trying to do as much as you can to give the demons some fuckin payback, and just maybe, maybe youll live to tell about it. but it was all up to you, all by yourself. i think the idea of a coop game is cool, but thats a whole different game, not doom. and id like to see romero in on it too, i mean he was a BIG part of what doom is, regardless of whether or not ion storm flounders. everyone thinks that just because he did so well with id, that he must have done something horrible to keep ion storm from being the company to beat. but you know, a few months ago doomworld posted his b-day, and i emailed him to tell him congrats and how much i appriciate his efforts past and present, and the man actually wrote me back. that was one of the single coolest moments in my life, and its not like he doesnt have a full schedule and a load of good reasons not to write back. i say, iD, do the job we know you can and bring it on!!! i want it bad. one more thing... dont hire an recording artist to do the soundtrack, i'd love to hear some of those old doom tunes playin at cd quality, as well as some new stuff. i want bobby prince ! :)

Guest amerrykan

Who ever decided it absolutely must be called Doom 2000? Who cares if TeanTNT is working on something called Doom 2000. I'm sure id knows this and even if they are planning a new Doom game, I imagine they would avoid this title at all costs, mainly because by the time it ships, it'll be 2001 anyway.

Guest Tiki

I agree with Thomas, keep the Doom midi music.

Guest mystican

yea thats right ling credit your sources :))

Guest Anonymous User

I sent this in too, man

Guest mystican

oh ok. well who the hell are you heh

Guest Anonymous User

I am da bonch!

Guest Anonymous User

Check out this link for a little insight

Guest Anonymous User

Check out this link for a little insight http://www.doomworld.com/mailbag/081898.shtml