Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Doom Nation Stuff

Well, as long as mordeth doesn't delete half the material because he decides it doesn't amuse him, I'd say go for it.

Yeah, I agree with Lüt. Cyb is a cool moderator of the <a href="http://forums.doomnation.com"> DN forums <a/> cause he lets everyone have their say... even if it is controversial and offends one or two people...

Watch and learn Mordeth!!

Guest Risen

I think the comments are good enough for now. Concentrate on getting the mod expo up and running, I think it would be a much better addition for everyone.

Guest Levendis

What mod expo? What mods? As far as I can tell there are maybe four projects that are on course to being completed within my lifetime, and about twenty projects that I don't have a whole lot of faith in.

Y'know what I would like to see...? Get everyone working on one port for a while. Take the best features of each port and get one good working engine to last us a while. Call it the Standard Updated Doom Engine (SUDE). This way when the community opens up with the release of good server-client netcode, we'll have something ready.

What was the question? Oh yeah...forums would be cool.

Linguica, I distinctly remember you saying 'Doomworld won't ever have a forum cuz of all that crap that gets posted on the DN one' or words to that effect. I say no- the DN ones arent used an aweful lot, and there isnt a need for another one from a news site.

Guest Xenocide

I think a forum would suck, sifting through subject lines to find interesting comments is not fun. I like hitting the comments link on a subject I'm interested in much more.

Well, if you accept the idea of comments, I think it would be better to have a forum... Interactivity is better.

I think it would be too hard to keep everything organized. You'd get half a million comments, and you'd have to drag through the thousands of different topics that come up on this page. I like the comments link better because it is easier to find the subject you want to talk about.

Guest Caleb

if you think about it, the comments pages are the same thing as a forum. anyone can add their thoughts, and also, it is alot better then a forum because it extends to every bit of news thats covered here on DW. dont get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with forums, but over the course of time, they can get HUGE in page size i:e: http://www.doomworld.com/doomgl/forum. there is one remedy for this though. if ya catagorize a forum into different subdirectories, where people can post their opinions on various subjects relating to the doom community it wouldnt be so bad as just one HUGE forum:-) later guys

Guest Anonymous User

I have no comment.

Guest Anonymous User

YOUR CHOICE, AS YOU CAN ALREADY SEE THERE ARE GOING TO BE PEOPLE INTERESTED AND THEN THE REAL JERKS. BRING ON THE STRAIGHT JACKETS, FLAME THROWERS AND NUT CRACKERS

Yes yes YES yes yes yes YES, yes, yes. Yes yes YES yes yes yes YES, yes, yes.. Yes yes YES, ye.. *cough, cough*.. mmm, Ahem.. Yeah, sure, it would be great!! :-b

Wait! As long as you don't get rid of these threads, than ok!! I would much rather have these threads than forums.

Guest ResDe

Keep Threads but also incorporate forums

Guest Deano99

I love forums.... get them now....! u could use ones be EZboard... they do em for free!

Guest Anonymous User

Why not? If ppl don't wanna use it then they won't... fire it up! but don't lose the comment threads... they r0x0r.

Guest Anonymous User

examples are at the 'discussion board' parts of www.drainyou.com and www.nirvanaclub.com VERY good and easy!

I don't know. I think it defeats the purpose. Doomnation already has a forum. Why do we need two?

I agree. I don't think we need the forums. It would thin out the discussion between the two forums. However, if we were to put a thread system like this one on DoomNation, then that would be great!! Yeah!! :-b

Guest Anonymous User

I like the comments on news stories better than a full-fledged forum. Keeps the discussions relevant (in theory), & people who want forums can head over to DN.

Guest Levendis

Some people have noted that the comments system is useful because it allows you to find exactly the item you're looking for. I see no reason why the "comments" link cannot point you to a specific thread in the forums, and in fact can think of a few freeware message board CGIs that could be modified to fit.

This way we'd get to talk to each other instead of Mordeth, Cov, and Linguica just telling us news. Might be interesting, get some more activity happening in the community.

Guest HellKnight

Forums would be a HUGE pain in the ass and it must be hard enough running this site without it. The comment threads are better anyways. More specific to the topic and easier to use. So, I say fuck the forums, we got comment threads and those are good enough.

Guest Anonymous User

Forums rule, check out ZDoom's and 3D Realms' boards... easy to use as hell...

Guest MolotovJester

A Column would be cool. Go ahead and add one.