Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Multiplayer Demos

We got sent word about a site with a collection of Doom2 multiplayer (speed)runs, including one spanning all maps (although on the easiest skill setting...). Nevertheless, it's worth a mention!

Guest Levendis

I still am having trouble giving a rat's ass about demos. No offense to the people who put in hard work on these things...

Guest Opulent

I can understand that, Levendis. You're just missing out on one of the things that makes DOOM the best game. Watch a Compet-n demo to see things that are amazing. Things that you can't do youself. Besides, it is a great way to showcase a good level. But if it's not your thing....

I watch COMPET-N demos all the time and I don't make demos!! Oh wait, I actually have set the speedrun records on TNT level 3 and 4. Hmm, Linguica didn't bother to mention my debut, but the DOOM news sites jumped all over the Czechians when they came along!! ARRGGHGHGHAH!! Oh well. :-b

Guest Excalibur_Z

First of all, the Quake Done Quick team has already done a Doom2 Done Quick 32-level speed run on Ultra-Violence. http://www.planetquake.com/qdq Secondly, demos are cool to watch because you get to find out all kinds of secrets and acrobatic tricks that the pros use =P. It's a little more interesting in Quake and Quake2, what with the looking up and down and rocket jumping and such, but the Doom2 speed run is still pretty good.

In my opinion the guys who give a "rat's ass about demos" should give a rat's ass about doom in general. Its just such a bloody stupid thing to say when you think of the fact that doom is a *game* and is ment to be played. And demos are all about playing the game. I wonder what the heck you find amusing with doom at all Levendis? In fact I wonder how many times you have actually tried to play the game....In any case...commenting on a news item that you give a damn in it is really of very little interest to anyone. And if you don't wish to offend people who spend many hours working on these things, then keep your trap shut.

Any new set of doom/doom2/ultimate/final doom demos are great to watch for the entertainment value, as well as learning new tricks as excalibur_z said before. _don't_ bag them out!.

Guest Anonymous User

I've even gotten through Doom on the 1skill. I may not be the best player in the world......or even in the top 250 (they need to have an international Deathmatch tournament of some sorts) but I still have fun. And, I make demos every now and then. Compared to you "experts..." I plain and simple suck. But, games are for fun. End of story.....end of rambling. exit322@yahoo.com