Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

I'm sort of slacking on posting these things but since no one bothers to comment on them it doesn't really matter :P It's been pretty quiet on all fronts lately, so I'll ask if anyone has played all the way through the first hub of Doom2000 yet. If so, do you have any more comments on it? I'm stuck at that damn red door in the sleeping quarters which has a force field I can't turn off. I've heard that there are some pretty tough puzzles further on too... and has anyone figured out what those alien symbols are for?

I'm sort of slacking on posting these things but since no one bothers to comment on them it doesn't really matter :P It's been pretty quiet on all fronts lately, so I'll ask if anyone has played all the way through the first hub of Doom2000 yet. If so, do you have any more comments on it? I'm stuck at that damn red door in the sleeping quarters which has a force field I can't turn off. I've heard that there are some pretty tough puzzles further on too... and has anyone figured out what those alien symbols are for?

Guest Opulent

There's a pretty good thread on just that topic in one of the rcgd ngs.

Guest Opulent

There's a pretty good thread on just that topic in one of the rcgd ngs.

Guest Anonymous User

Heheheh :)

Guest Anonymous User

Heheheh :)

Guest pagb666

I got stuck at the same place

Guest pagb666

I got stuck at the same place

Guest oddjob

Behind each colored door are two secret compartments. One of them Behind The Green Door has a switch that clears the way to the red room. But there's a bug in map 5 with zdoom 1.22 that won't let you through the door(s) that need the red key. You have to cheat with idclip (or go back to zdoom 1.17).

Guest oddjob

Behind each colored door are two secret compartments. One of them Behind The Green Door has a switch that clears the way to the red room. But there's a bug in map 5 with zdoom 1.22 that won't let you through the door(s) that need the red key. You have to cheat with idclip (or go back to zdoom 1.17).

Guest oddjob

And oh yeah, when you find an alien symbol write it down along with its position.

Guest oddjob

And oh yeah, when you find an alien symbol write it down along with its position.

Guest MrMGA

I found the friggin' red key. Now what am I supposed to do with it? I'm stuck on Level 5. I can go all the way around the "outer ring" in Level 5, but I can't get into the "inner ring" or "core." Somebody please e-mail me some help. Please be clear and specific because I am a moron.

Guest MrMGA

I found the friggin' red key. Now what am I supposed to do with it? I'm stuck on Level 5. I can go all the way around the "outer ring" in Level 5, but I can't get into the "inner ring" or "core." Somebody please e-mail me some help. Please be clear and specific because I am a moron.

Guest Anonymous User

Guest Anonymous User

Guest Ranko

Here's what I think about Doom2000: it sucks. It simply sucks. Does anyone remember why the original Doom became popular? because the monsters were hidden in dark corners and on places where you don’t expect anything (do you remember “Tricks and traps” from Doom2?). And because you didn’t have to think about some logical puzzles. You just had to run and shoot, and to try to kill as much zombies as possible with one shot from the super-shotgun... Where are all those elements in Doom2000? When you hear the name "Doom2000", you think that it’s a game full of imps in dark corners, spectres behind fast-opening doors, 15 barons of hell in one 640x640 room... But when you download it, you get some logical game with about 20 monsters on one level on the ultra-violence skill level. I didn’t want a doom-styled clone of Sokoban.... The original Doom was much better.

Guest Ranko

Here's what I think about Doom2000: it sucks. It simply sucks. Does anyone remember why the original Doom became popular? because the monsters were hidden in dark corners and on places where you don’t expect anything (do you remember “Tricks and traps” from Doom2?). And because you didn’t have to think about some logical puzzles. You just had to run and shoot, and to try to kill as much zombies as possible with one shot from the super-shotgun... Where are all those elements in Doom2000? When you hear the name "Doom2000", you think that it’s a game full of imps in dark corners, spectres behind fast-opening doors, 15 barons of hell in one 640x640 room... But when you download it, you get some logical game with about 20 monsters on one level on the ultra-violence skill level. I didn’t want a doom-styled clone of Sokoban.... The original Doom was much better.

Guest Lowen

I (finally) played the thing through, and I have to say I'm eagerly anticipating more.. It's really quite fun. It's not Doom, but it wasn't intended to be more of the same; and if you're playing it as if it were you're playing it for the wrong reason.

The room to the red key was probably the most frustrating part of the hub if you ignore the bug on the Engine Room that doesn't let you through the door where you're supposed to use the red key. (This got me stuck for a good two hours before I got annoyed and idclip'd my way through) The balance of enemies was quite good, even thought he Engine Room was really the only part that was hard, if you were trying to play the game as if it were more Doom you probably wouldn't have made it far.

The hub method works in this about a bit better than it did when id *cough* borrowed the idea for Quake 2, but not quite as good as it did for Hexen. But then again, it's only the first, and who knows what TeamTNT has in store for us? ;)

And about the red door, just enter the green door of the same section, hang a left, open the corner, and poke around in there to find a switch. I spent forever hunting that thing down. :P

The alien symbols were kinda neat and fun to track down on the bridge codes, until they gave you the whole bloody sequence in Environmental Control. Blah. That's no fun at all. ;)

All in all I think it was quite good, and I'll gladly give another round of applause for TeamTNT. (And if you're wondering, yes, I posted 'Complain if you want' ;P)

Guest Lowen

I (finally) played the thing through, and I have to say I'm eagerly anticipating more.. It's really quite fun. It's not Doom, but it wasn't intended to be more of the same; and if you're playing it as if it were you're playing it for the wrong reason.

The room to the red key was probably the most frustrating part of the hub if you ignore the bug on the Engine Room that doesn't let you through the door where you're supposed to use the red key. (This got me stuck for a good two hours before I got annoyed and idclip'd my way through) The balance of enemies was quite good, even thought he Engine Room was really the only part that was hard, if you were trying to play the game as if it were more Doom you probably wouldn't have made it far.

The hub method works in this about a bit better than it did when id *cough* borrowed the idea for Quake 2, but not quite as good as it did for Hexen. But then again, it's only the first, and who knows what TeamTNT has in store for us? ;)

And about the red door, just enter the green door of the same section, hang a left, open the corner, and poke around in there to find a switch. I spent forever hunting that thing down. :P

The alien symbols were kinda neat and fun to track down on the bridge codes, until they gave you the whole bloody sequence in Environmental Control. Blah. That's no fun at all. ;)

All in all I think it was quite good, and I'll gladly give another round of applause for TeamTNT. (And if you're wondering, yes, I posted 'Complain if you want' ;P)

Guest Anonymous User

Argh, I didn't like this at all.. the textures were really below TNT's usual standards, the maps were small, the monsters were sparse.. I think they could have done alot more than just a bunch of annoying, hard-to-solve puzzles in small rooms. There were only a few small areas of architecture that I really liked. If you're gonna name it Doom 2000, make it play like it sounds. This should be titled "Switch Hunt" :P

Guest Anonymous User

Argh, I didn't like this at all.. the textures were really below TNT's usual standards, the maps were small, the monsters were sparse.. I think they could have done alot more than just a bunch of annoying, hard-to-solve puzzles in small rooms. There were only a few small areas of architecture that I really liked. If you're gonna name it Doom 2000, make it play like it sounds. This should be titled "Switch Hunt" :P

Guest Anonymous User

Doom. It was scary for, let's say. The first 3 times you play it. It was built for speed and action. It aint no Aliens vs Predator (now THATS scary!) The monster placement was average and I've done better work on my Duke3d levels! I love doom, it's a lot better than Duke3d, but really, it never had good monster placement. And whats this about 15 barons of hell in one room? ANYONE CAN DO THAT!! That's an easy way out of making the game hard. Doom2000 was a decent effort, and while the textures were below average, it imitates Hexen very well and it DOES have that Doom feeling. The only difference is that it isn't set on mars or earth. It looks great on ZDoom GL, so get a 3d card and play it with that

Guest Anonymous User

Doom. It was scary for, let's say. The first 3 times you play it. It was built for speed and action. It aint no Aliens vs Predator (now THATS scary!) The monster placement was average and I've done better work on my Duke3d levels! I love doom, it's a lot better than Duke3d, but really, it never had good monster placement. And whats this about 15 barons of hell in one room? ANYONE CAN DO THAT!! That's an easy way out of making the game hard. Doom2000 was a decent effort, and while the textures were below average, it imitates Hexen very well and it DOES have that Doom feeling. The only difference is that it isn't set on mars or earth. It looks great on ZDoom GL, so get a 3d card and play it with that

Guest Stealth

Aliens vs Predator.... Whoooooo. The first level as a human is incredible. I really wish they would have put in multiplayer in the actual game levels. Not some pointless levels where aliens respawn infinitely.

Guest Stealth

Aliens vs Predator.... Whoooooo. The first level as a human is incredible. I really wish they would have put in multiplayer in the actual game levels. Not some pointless levels where aliens respawn infinitely.