Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Smash It Up

The SmashDM homepage has been updated mentioning that there's a new skin that's been submitted, and also that beta 4 should be out after the weekend, barring delays on the addition of the bonus stages. They could still use more skins and levels and stuff.

...that I'm an idiot and don't have a single clue, so if I insult anyone in anyway, sorry bout that, but just don't listen to me. So by now, you shouldn't even be reading what I type because I told you not to. So, to all the people I insulted, ignore me. :) Just an anoying bug on the wall. I posted this on the other SmashDM news thing, but that was removed. :|

I actually thought Thrust's sprites were pretty good. Most of them anyway.

To think of it, if you thought the Thrust sprites were bad, you're probably going to hate the character I submitted to SmashDM. <P>Hmm. I think I'm going to be laughed out of the Doom Community.

I refuse to answer that on the grounds that it might incriminate me. :) Just kidding, I think they'll be fine... *nose grows longer* Ahh.... dangit, just ignore me. :)

Guest Anonymous User

I THINK HE SHOULD KEEP CEREIC IN THE GAME. I WASTED MY TO MAKE HIM. BESIDES I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO SEND HIM THE AND HE DON'T WANT TO KEEP HIM IN THE GAME. MARIO ALREADY IN A GAME AND HE PUT HIM IN. AND HE SAY NO BODY FOR DOOM OR HEXEN AND HERETIC. THE GAME IS DOOM NOT SMASH BROS. HE SHOULD KEEP WHAT PEOPLE GIVE BECAUSE THEY BE TRYING TO HELP BESIDES OTHER PEOPLE WILL BE PLAYING IT NOT JUST THE AT DOOMWORLD . i DID'T HAVE TO HAVE HELP ANY WAY SO THIS IS THE IT WILL BE USE PEOPLE SKINS FOR TESTING AND DON'T PUT IT IN THE TC IT SELF. I HAVE MADE A DEH FILE THAT WILL KOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF. DO EVER WANT TO HIT THE MISSILE BACK TO THE CYBER DEMON OR SOME WHERE ESLE. GO TO MY PAGE AT WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/TIMESSQUARE/CORRIDOR/7292 AND GO DOWNLOAD THE GI DEMO TC I'M ALMOST DONE WITH AND SEE FOR YOUR SELF. CDOG992

Guest Elviele

Yo Darkfang i am sorry the way i acted the last time i commented,but still i rilly want to try the demos please fix the links or e-mail the demo to me.. Elviele@aol.com

Guest DarkFang

Well, I am sorry, but still, when you submitted the Cleric skin to SmashDM, you didn't follow the guide lines at all for the frames or sounds. And since that was my first skin and I didn't have anything to test with, I filled in all the parts you missed, make some real sloppy frames and came up with some real cheap special moves. So, it was only a test, and now that I know skins work okay, and I have 6 character skins going until test #4 (not counting the cleric) I think its safe to toss him. And Elviele, thats okay, I forgive you, I just others who flame on these message boards would take to your example. But, again, sorry, I found the same test #3 zip on my HD and thought about posting it up, but quickly changed my mind after looking at it. Test #4 destroys its younger self! Don't worry, it won't be long......I hope.

Can you play SmashDM single player?? You know, like a series of rounds in the N64 game, or is it only like the 'Vs.' mode??

Otherwise when would you get a chance to play the 2D bonus levels??

Guest DarkFang

Of course, when I get off my lazy ass and update this to use the latest ver. of ZDoom that has the Cajun bots in there, I will modify them to act as fighters for SmashDM in single player games in the ladder. But, since I'm still waiting on skins, that will be one of the last thing that gets done. You might not see that in the prereleased test versions. As for 2D, its experimental, only works in bonus stages, and you can access "Bonus 1 Practice" or "Bonus 2 Practice" straight from the menu, and whatever character you have selected, will determine what bonus stage you warp to. But, if 2D levels go over okay, and I get a positive responce from the majority of people then, I'll convert the entire MOD over to use 2D...just like the orginal smash bros!

If you convert the entire mod to 2D then what will happen to the arenas!!!!????

Guest sponge

I actually asked DarkFang about the arena, and if I recall right, he said that they will most likely be scrapped. Maybe you can have a Tekken type mode, with using the 3d arenas so theyre all not put to waste.

...DarkFang could do a little coding for a new map obj that is scanned by the level loader and if it finds the object, it'll be a 2D arena, otherwise it's a 3D one. :) People could even make their own 2D OR 3D arenas and send em in. :)

Guest DarkFang

If SmashDM does go totally to this new 2D thing, then, what I'll most likely do is offer people do modify their arena that they have already sent in, and if they dont want to do that, and I'll try to see what I can do to roughly narrow the level for 2D gameplay. And if that dosen't work, then that arena is tossed.