Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DeeP Millennium?

Probably not, but over at the SB Software homepage, there's word of a contest to rename (finally) the Win32 Doom-engine level editor DeeP97. The restrictions? The word "DeeP" must be in the name somewhere and it has to be an improvement to the current (albeit outdated) naming convention.

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to the creators of DeeP and DeeP97 for my comments in the past. I was supposedly joking about them leaving out all the good features and saving them for the next upgrade. I had shown no appreciation for all the work they've put into their editor. In fact, I had appeared to make fun of it. I recognize that this was part due to my neglect of reading the help files, and also due to my habit of saying things without thinking it through first. I didn't really intend to show such a lack of appreciation for their efforts, but that's the way it turned out on screen. Believe me, I appreciate every effort they put towards preserving our DOOM community, and I appreciate every effort they've put into making DeeP97 better. In the future I will make a better effort to make note of when I'm just kidding, and when I'm sincere. Please forgive me for my comments in the past. I will make every attempt not to let such things happen again. Sincerely, Andrew. :-)

Guest Anonymous User

The editor has great advanced features (ZDoom Support) but worthless basic features (The ablilities to editor both linedefs and sectors in the easiest and most efficent way). The name 'DeeP' is gayer than gay. My entry for the contest will be 'Water that is DeeP.' WTF...

Guest Anonymous User

Thou shalt not have any editors beyond DEU, and its spawn DEU2, DETH, and ZETH...

What the... NarK, go take a walk in a mine field, or something. We don't need that kind of stuff around here.. :-|

Guest Anonymous User

Uh, I can't seem to figure out how to split a linedef on Zeth.

Guest Anonymous User

CTRL+V.

They could just call it Deep. WITHOUT THAT STUPID UPPERCASE P Alternatively, they could call it "knee deep in the cash"