Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

Just to clarify yet again, if you want to complain about the lack of any word of a winner in the Doomworld Christmas contest, direct your questions/threats to Covaro, as he's the one running it. And, um... anyone play any good WADs lately?

And, um... anyone play any good WADs lately?

I haven't had the opportunity to play much recently (too many semester projects and Counter Strike for H-L...) but uacbase2.wad and thelord.wad are great sets of levels from the early days of Doom II editing. The architecture to me looks amazing and original but in no way does it compare to the gothicdm* or 6fiffy* levels of today. They're (uacbase2 and thelord) are great, classic levels in the simply yet fun Doom II style.

Probably the best thing I've played in a damn long time is Crusades by Richard Wiles. It's an entire Doom I episode that just plain has an incredible feel to it, especially from about the third level on. The levels are done extremely well, and I don't feel that it's really gotten the attention it deserves. I'd give you guys a URL if I had one, but you can probably find it on cdrom.com without much trouble. Anyway, if you haven't checked it out already, be sure to.

Guest Anonymous User

I've entered that contest like almost 2 months ago. And I just can't wait until they announce the winners of it!!!! Please announce soon!!!!!!! -Laters. EUGENE E. SLOUPSKY

Guest Xenocide

Well, I barely play doom wads anymore. Busy editing/ playing quake2 (heh I'm asking for it there ;). But recently I downloaded Insertion, by David Shaw/Adam Williamson/Thomas Evans/Steve Watson. It wasn't anything incredible.. but out of shitloads and shitloads of bad wads, this is a treasure ;)

Guest Anonymous User

Take that fucking banner down already. The contest is already over. That banner is as annoying as Quake 2 for Playstation. Yes the Playstation version of Quake 2 sucks.

Guest Anonymous User

Yeah, so does the computer version :)

Guest ricrob

...and he's making doomworld look bad too...

this awfully aggressive x-mas banner is getting insane. not that it wasn't already insane from the beginning, but now it's getting insanely insane. if covaro has exams or personal problems he shouldn't let people newsless and if he doesn't he shouldn't let the index in this state.

Guest Anonymous User

Uusaly, I leave images off due to my 14.4 modem. As far as the contest goes, I think he should get it over with and post the results, and not let it wind up like the Doom nation screen shot contest (I wish the maintainer for that one would atleast upload all of the entries for the site-goers to see, if he didn't do so already :

Guest FyrestormX

Yeah, you know im lying you frad. Wads? Theve been cu.., uh, i mean coming out of me lately.

Guest Anonymous User

I hope we hear some word soon. I hope it isn't a complete fraud and turns out to be a real contest. It's been a month since Christmas and no word since.

I still haven't entered the contest. He claims that the banner is to annoy us into entering, or something.. Well, if me sending in an entry will make that banner go away, I'm all for it!! Just kidding.. Actually, Linguica is a great guy for keeping DOOM alive for all of us! Not to mention all the other fine people who contribute to our DOOM community!! :-b

I also find it quite amusing that it's still called a Christmas Contest!! EEeeeeee heeeheeheheheeee!! Oohohooooooohahahahahahhhaaaa!!

No! An appreciation! could it be true?! on a weirder note, I actually didn't realise cyberdemon and i had worked together on insertion until this moment. very strange. good wads i've played lately? doom.wad, of course :)

Guest Mattrim.

Cyberdemon worked on Insertion, did he? I don't see his name in the text file...maybe I have the wrong version.

yes, just call me stupid. duh. steve watson is someone else entirely, as is mike watson (unless there's something going on that we don't know about :>). on a related note, anyone know who the hell steve watson is? (and i just know he's reading this...uh...hi steve! :>)

Guest Mattrim.

To my knowledge, Stephen (Watson) has contributed only to Memento Mori II and Insertion. Is anyone aware of an other work by Mr. Stephen Watson? Some individually created levels or sets?