Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Sitewatch

• The Desktop Doom Homepage has been updated with the posting of a few screenshots of a Doom version of Q3DM7 that Thomas Sturm is working on.
  • The Deathmatch Experience has posted yet another story for your reading pleasure.
  • Fanatic has updated saying that he just received Mark Klem's latest CD and thinks it's just peachy. He also mentions that he's added 8-way cooperative support to QDOOM, in case you and 7 of your friends feel like blowing through it.

Guest Fanatic

Well I wanna play it coop too! :)

Guest Anonymous User

After all, one of the worst things about Quack 3 is the map quality!

Guest citrus

The levels in q3a are very well balanced and they are some of the best "classic-style" DM maps ever made. If you want "gimmick" levels รก la Unreal Tournament, then you can quite simply go play Unreal Tournament instead. What Q3A really DOES lack is a consistent texturing theme and variety. The technical quality and the gameplay quality of the maps is excellent however, I just don't understand what you mean by complaining at that.

they're good for 1 on 1 and possibly small FFA games, but not much more than that...

counter-strike still owns it though :P

Guest Anonymous User

Pleeeeeeease give me a break. Quake II Arena looks pathetic and Unreal Tournament just sucks. Starseige TRIBES is way better. My nickname is General Taggart

Quake III: Arena looks MUCH better than Starsiege: Tribes. Tribes is fun (I own the game) but I find Unreal Tournament more entertaining. That's not to say that Tribes is boring though.. It's just that UT is more satisfying and Q3:A is more visually impressive than Tribes.

it really depends on how you look at it... tribes can't do all the cool shit like dynamic lighting and whatnot, but q3a can't handle the IMMENSE outdoor areas of tribes (which a lot of people might find pleasing.)

Guest Anonymous User

Q3:A lacking a consistent theme? Um...all it has is gothic gothic gothic, and a few gay space maps thrown in for good measure. Most of the maps are symmetrical (eww), and all of them lack style.

And how can they be balanced when the weapons themselves aren't? Doesn't make sense to me. Some of the maps, a few, would be decent in a decent game, but in Quake 3, they're all shit.

Guest Anonymous User

Just saw the screenies of this Q3DM7 conversion... Man, and I thought Quake 1 was shit-ugly... This Sturm guy needs to just go ahead and quit. ugh.

Q3A's maps are quite nice and pull off the gothic theme quite well so stop arguing, it isn't getting you anywhere.

I think some people here are forgetting that "consistent" and "balanced" mean kind of the opposite things..

Guest Tiki

Excuse me, but is this Q3:A world, or Doomworld? One can hardly tell just by looking. Please, stick to the topic at hand.

I'll talk about whatever I feel... and one of the topics covered in an update was a conversion of a Q3A map for doom. Have something useful to say, hrm?

Guest Tiki

hrmmm, I wasn't very clear in my earlier post, what i think what i wanted to say is, i'm kind tired of all the Q3:A bashing. Not that i'm gonna try to stop you. Maybe my point is: be a little more open-minded, some of you prolly haven't even played Q3 yet. Give it a try, you might like it. =)