Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

COMPET-N

There's a big update at the COMPET-N demo site. As you can imagine, lots of new incredible demo runs have been added, including a first-ever cooperative Nightmare run through all of Doom2, a new full Doom2 UV 100/100 record by Vincent Catalaa, two debuting players, two brand new rocketjump tricks and lots, lots more. In total there are 43 new demos to gawk at, plus COMPET-N got itself its 100th player... congrats! So, bust out the popcorn and enjoy.

I'd like to take this opportunity to declare a toast to the webmaster of COMPET-N, namely Adam Hegyi, for maintaining this historical site, and making a large contribution to keeping DOOM alive and firing on all cylinders! Thank you Adam, you play a signifigant part in the DOOM community! Cheers!! :-b

I would also like to toast the fine players of COMPET-N, for keeping us entertained. I would like start off with Anders Johnsen and Henning Skogsto for their amazing 32-level DOOM2 Cooperative Nightmare run! Thank you very much, that recording was very entertaining. Vincent Catalaa!! With his unbelieveable 32-level Ultra-Violence 100/100 run! That recording, which was some 2 hours long!!... ...it was quite impressive. Also, thanks to all the other people with their fine recordings, the new batch of debuting COMPET-N players, proving that this community is indeed alive and strong!! A toast to you all! Cheers!! :-b

Oh yes, I would also like to give a toast to myself! For being your one and only supplier of TNT - Evilution demos for the last couple of updates, and for representing nearly one third of the recordings made over the past three weeks! Cheers!!! :-b

Heh heh hmm, I believe I was a little over-extended when I said "one third" there.. My collection of recordings is almost exactly two sevenths 2/7 of the total number of demos made over the past three weeks. About 28% I would say. Oh well. Cheers!! :-b

Guest ricrob

I'd like to second all that Andrew has spouted. Compet-N is a great part of DooM and should continue on as long as possible. Now, where's my popcorn damnit?!...

Guest Elviele

How do u use demos?it dusn't work for zdoom..i neva knew..HOW DO U USE DEMOS!!

Andrew,
Please stop clogging this messageboard with your fake messages. Your other 'Andrew' accounts have been deleted... I wouldn't try to add them back if I were you :)

Those other messages were NOT by me. I have never used any account to post messages other than AndrewB, (and Anonymous User when I was new to this), so please don't point your finger at me, because I know how irritating it is to wade through junk messages, and I would never post such messages. Okay? :-b

Guest Anonymous User

Wow ... that's the second i get my name on Doomworld ! :) And thanks again Andrew.... keep on the good job on TNT - Evilution. Like you I started Compet-N with some TNT demos !

Guest PerOxyD2S

sorry the next message is from me :)

Thanks Vincent, but I really really doubt that I'll be able to make any recordings with DOOM or DOOM2, simply because I'm really late in joining COMPET-N. There's really no room left for me and my intermediate skills.

Guest Anonymous User

heh :-b

Guest Anonymous User

Maybe I should enter one of Adam's contests when he has another one for Compet-N And what DOES Compet-N Stand for?