Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

SLIGE Build 485 Released

A new version of the Win32 automatic level builder SLIGE has been released. It has deathmatch support now, as well as a "biggest monsters / weapons" mode. From the site:

• Rudimentary deathmatch support via the -dm switch, including a few bug fixes, and an increased likelihood of "extra hugeness", over the alpha version.
  • Some minor bug fixes.
  • The -nosemo switch, so S.Napper can get 100% kills without having to hunt for all the secrets.
  • The -biwe, -bimo, and -bimo! switches, to get various sorts of "big" weapons and monsters without having to wait for the dice to roll that way.
Come on, I know you want it. It has also been mirrored at our utilities section.

Awesome!! I could hardly wait until this was released!! Yeah!! Hmm, hmmm... Hey, -nosemo, -biwe, -bimo, -bimo!?? Weren't these all part of the earlier version?? Whaaa?? :-b

This version has been out for a week (I mean physically available for download), and we don't find out until now?!?! Well, I guess that means I've been using this version all week, and I thought it was an old version. Now I find out a new one is released, and I'm all excited, and then what th.. Hey, Mr. whoever your name is, (I forgot), if you plan to release some more versions in the future, I have plenty of suggestions!! Also, if you need some MIDI pieces for your random music generator (which would be the most awesome thing in the world), I'm your guy!! C'mon, I can hardly wait!! :-b

Guest Anonymous User

I think I updated the ZIP files a few days before I remembered to announce the fact anywhere. It never occurred to me that anyone would be watching closely enough to notice! How flattering... If you got stuff to suggest about SLIGE, your best bet is (as the doc says) to post to rec.games.computers.doom.editing. Or you could send me email. I don't necessarily remember to look for threads on DoomWorld. (Heck, I didn't even remember to *tell* DoomWorld that I'd updated; but their spies are everywhere...)

Guest Anonymous User

Y'know, I'm wondering something...Aardappel says that one of the advantages of that code-based editor of his (if I remember the news item correctly) is that you can use prefab structures VERY easily. Could this kind of feature be incorporated into slige? If so we could get some very interesting levels with detail and everything...

Just my $0.02.

Guest Anonymous User

The best yet. Since I'm a lazy bastard anyway. This let's me enjoy the best game ever made and never play the same level twice. Keep up the good work. Bring on ever bigger and meaner versions.