Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Wild Stuff

This guy is the master of ZDoom editing. I don't have a doubt in my mind that this project will be outstanding when it is finished. I was impressed by the work that went into the introductory level. He set an awesome mood with a tiny wad! Good luck to Rick Clark!

Guest Rick Clark

X-Blase, thanks! I appreciate the comments. I am looking forward to 3057 as well. I hope to have the first "Chapter", i.e. Hub 1 and Hub 2 done in a couple weeks, barring any problems. I have set up the Hubs to be distinct in themselves, yet related to the whole story line, so releasing it in Chapters should work fine. Sort of like thoses old serials they used to have at the cinemas. And yes, each ending will be a cliff hangar. :) As a bonus, I will also be releasing all the scripts as text files along with the wad so you can see how it was all done and use any techniques you find useful in your own projects.

Guest Elviele

you are very good at zdoom editing..but I would like to know where to learn how to do acs scripting and zdoom editing with wadauther..basicaly everything you know..can u make a tutorial from no experience to where you are at?or tell me how or where you learned?

Guest Anonymous User

ok what the hell is that supposed to be!?I know that web page..

Guest Rick Clark

First, Sorry, X-Blade, I am a terrible typist. Next, I actually have a few resources to get you started on ACS scripting. First read through the Scritping Primer on my ZDoom Tech page that Linguica was kind enough to reference. Then I have a tutorial on Getting Started with WadAuthor that will walk you through step-by-step on your first WadAuthor map. Next read the docs that come with ZDoom. I have really based all my work on two references: The ZDoom reference manual produced by Randy which you can find at the ZDoom homepage. Look at the Source Ports section here at Doomworld. I also used the Hexen Reference in the Book 3D Game Alchemy, published by Sams which you can order from BN.com. Since Randy used the Hexen sources for the ACS component, this was quite helpful. The next thing is to just do it. There is no substitute for experimentation. I do have a couple more Wad Author related tutorials that folks have asked for that I am trying to do, but I have been a bit busy. I will try and get those out this weekend.

Adding to Rick's comments: Doomworld also has a 'tutorials' section, including how to edit for Boom - which makes up part of ZDoom's features list.