Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Romero On Daikatana

Bake me a... never mind. A certain John Romero stopped by a certain Doom IRC channel recently, and while the topic of conversation revolved mostly around his soon-to-be-released game Daikatana, I figure that it still might be of some interest to someone out there. He touches upon DK CTF, Deathtag, co-op play, and lots more. Go read.

Guest E1ghtball

Like that things *ever* gonna be released.. We can only hope

Guest Quesenart

Romero is a joke to the gaming community with his mythical Daikatana... Hmmm.. Should be more like "Dead"katana. "Q"

May I remind you all that Half-Life and Unreal were delayed a billion times before release? TF2? Diablo II? Need I go on with more titles which have been put on hold or stopped mid-dev?

I'm sorry, I must have missed something. <P>Did you say John Romero is a joke to the gaming community?

Guest Anonymous User

Dude, Quesenart, you say Romero's a joke yet you say "long live Doom"? That's messed up man.

Guest Anonymous User

What the hell do you mean by John Romero is a joke??? John romero has mad some of the most bad ass games. If you think he is a joke then what the hell are you doing on doomwolrd?

Guest MolotovJester

John Romero isnt a joke - he did have some great input into the Doom series of games and other pretty-good games. But he didnt do them himself. ID Software was the team Romero was apart of, and in my opinion, he should still be with ID today. But I also think ID has got to get a new line of games. This quake shit is getting stale.(well it has been stale to me for quite awihle now) And Daiktatana....I remember when I first purchased this computer... Daikatana was due out at the end of that year. And I was the only one among my friends who would be able to run it because their comps sucked. Now, my computer can barly even run half-life and Daikatana still isnt released. Thats ok though - just like Blizzard,(a favorite game developer of mine), takein their time to make kick-ass games yields more sales and a better game. MJ

Guest Levendis

If Daikatana is a good game, then everyone who has booed it and Romero will have to eat it. Whether it turns out to be quality or not, only time will tell. Unfortunately, the screen shots are less than convincing. Check out oldmanmurray.com. It's browner that Quake :

Guest Anonymous User

All the quake-fanboy fags will undoubtedly call Daikatana a crappy game when it does come out, whether it is or not. I say who cares? While it's not finished, we shouldn't really give a crap, because our opinions about it only really matter when we can actually play it.

Guest Anonymous User

Doom would not have been doom without Romero! He is a man worthy of respect! I plan on buying a copy of Daikatana just 'cause its Romero made.. So there Mr. Quesenart

Guest Germs

I'd have to agree, it is rather pointless to speculate on the merits of a game we've only been able to see through a crappy mplayer demo and screenshots.The only thing that disturbs me is all the stuff he says is just getting added in now, and they tried to submit it for a december release - imagine the size of the patch you'd have to download.I hope its as good Romero says, all the other games out lately have more or less been pretty dull, I like it when a game besides doom can hold my interest for more then a few hours.