Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

February 29th, 2000

Guest Omniverse

Cuz it's the leap year day?

Guest Dave81

I think it is the date Doom came out all those years ago!

Guest pagb666

Well, people that had born on this special day will only have a birthday every four years... :P

Guest Mattrim.

Because this day only comes once every four years. That, and Darkening Episode 2 (see http://www.doomworld.com/darkening/) is supposed to be released today.

Guest The Archon

Could be that it's something that only happens once every 400 years. Leap years are usually ignored on the century to make up for the fact that the Earth doesn't revolve around the sun in exactly 365 1/4 days. However, every fourth century, the leap year is left in as one last bit of fine-tuning. So: If year is divisible by four, it's a leap year. But if it's divisible by 100, it isn't. But if it's divisible by 400, then it is. Confusing?

Guest cocoon

Matt said it all, but I have to mention it again. How come noone else new that this is the day that darkening E2 is coming out? One of the most awaited projetcs right now. Actually, the One I think. Ok so who will review it first?

Guest DarkFang

AH, its special because its GRAVY NIGHT!!! MM.....sausage gravy night. Oh yeah, its is floss the ass-crack of the monkey night! :D Oh happy days!

No, it's not confusing.. And there's no way DE2 is the most awaited project so far! That goes to QDOOM!! :-b

Ah, hello, Darkfang. Nice tie. <P>As you mortals have neglected to mention, it's also Linguica's birthday. It's also the third anniversary of the leap year confusion day incident back in 1997. And it's exactly two hundred days since AndrewB invented Bolognium. And it's been two weeks since Bill Clinton didn't have to sleep on the couch anymore. <P>Today is yesterday's tommorow. It's tuesday, the day of the moon. The third consecutive year that a doom project has been released on February 29. Exactly four years since the last leap day, and exactly four years since everyone killed the last guy who called it leap day. Today is the day mystican will clean the cat piss odour out of his carpet. And mewse will feed his fish. Today is the day Hellknight will not clean his room, just like every other day, and the day hopefully, the pic of the day will change again. <P>Also, Quasar will probably be awake most of today.

Tip for AndrewB: Want to play QDOOM? Go buy a game called quake. Then again, I might be bias because I am on the Darken E2 squad. I'll let the wad speak for itself...

Guest Anonymous User

I don't know about all of u guys here. But to me the only special thing about this day is the fact that it is supposed to be the release date for The Darkening E2. I don't give a damn if its a leap year or a normal year. That means jack!!!!! --> Laters. Eugene E. Sloupsky DOOM 4 EVER!!!

Guest Anonymous User

The doctor said I could stop my suppositories today

Guest PuPz

Today sucks. So does tomorrow. - [b]PuPz

Guest Anonymous User

It's special because I've set up a homepage for my new project today at http://doomnation.com/doombot/tcpdoom/ :-) _Fly_

Guest Anonymous User

Tomorrow is NOT the 30th... What are you, on crack?

Guest Anonymous User

yeah its special because the people who created time and calendars were too goddamn stupid to setup the dates right. thus we have leap year.

Guest Anonymous User

Today is Saint Tib's day. <fnord>

Guest dickie

b'cos its the only leap year to fall on a millenium since the birth of Christ & to fall on a century for the next 400 years

Guest Doomlegend

Come on!!!, I'm sitting here waiting for The Darking E2,i've been here for hours...

What are you talking about? The last leap year to fall on a millenium was last millenium, 1000; it'll be a leap year every millenium...Darkening E2 is probably the biggest event today...

Guest Chrozoron

leap years occur every fourth year, except every 100 years.. and again except this every 400 years. ;) This means, for example, that 1600 was a leap year while 1700 was not. hence the year 1000 wasn't a leap year, but 2000 is. easy :)

Guest Qayin

If I remember well, doomworld was created around this time 2 years ago, right?

Guest Doomlegend

I'm glad i got cable modem, so i can wait here forever...

Guest Anonymous User

It's a leap year, it hasnt fallen on the millenium....(idiots....not all just a few) eh there was no year zero so eh people are idiots, yeah that's it......And AndrewB or whatever Doom was not released in february.....Doomworld was founded on march 10 1998......and my names dumb

Guest mancabus

ok sorry AndrewB it was Dave81.....TAS is a buncha people who suck at doom! And people the new millenium is next year (jeez!!) anywho Julian is high for saying tommorow is the 30th, and I dont care about the darkening E2. www.geocities.com/doomdepot/mancub.html Vote for "Mancubus' Palace" at www.thesitefights.com/knights/joust3.html

Guest Anonymous User

Uh yeah. So where the hell is it?

Guest Anonymous User

Every 4 years is new day for february GUYS