Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
covaro

This Is My Castle

No... not Camelot. Fragalot. You may download said level here. It's supposed to be a small and nasty little DM level to kill your friends in. And who ever said people that play video games are violent? =D Go check it out now.

Guest IcarusWing

Any comments on my first publicly released level?

Not bad, but way too complicated for me with all those (though self-opening) doors and switches (two of them, right) :)

Guest The Archon

While leaving the texture WAD whole was all well and good, next time I'd suggest merging it into your main WAD and putting a link to the original in your text file. As it is, loading the texture WAD and the level WAD in the wrong order causes a crash, since they both have TEXTURE1 lumps, and the last one loaded overwrites the first one.

Guest IcarusWing

Thanks for the advice. I was just trying to avoid any Birdman style problems, but I'll do that next time. What did you think of the actual level?

Guest IcarusWing

Just like the head line says...

Guest The Archon

About textures: These texture packs were made to be cannibalized for other levels. As long as credits are given in the text file, or the owner is e-mailed and asked (which carries far more clout than a text file), I figure anything not explicitly refered to as "mine and mine alone" is fair game. But that discussion is for another time and place. About the level: I don't play DM or Bot-DM, though I do occasionaly play a using a DEH that turns DM levels into passable single-player maps. From that point of view, my biggest problems were that I couldn't get to the BFG (how's it done?) and that the pillars in the first room didn't stop projectiles like I expected.