Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
covaro

*sniff*

Sad sad letter recieved today from Laz, p1mp of WolfenDoom.

Due to several aspects of my life which have been keeping me very busy lately and will continue to do so for at least the next several months, I am unable to continue working on Operation: Rheingold at this time. So I am postponing any further work on Episode 3 and all remaining episodes indefinitely. I may be able to resume work on the project later on, but at this time I cannot say when.

Just don't let it die dude. Don't let it die.

Guest Elviele

*sniff* Your projects and your upcoming episode made me very excited and I visit your web 2 times a day!*sniff* please just screw those aspects and get to work!!

at least he's honest with us, wolfendoom has continually been one of the most continuously worked on projects for doom that i know of.. but all good things must come to an end :P

Guest Anonymous User

I'd understnad it if it was like life or death, but, some of us would like to see how that project would come out dammit. [Skinner of BJ, and, Cloaked Nazi]

Guest GordonFreeman

Man! I loved Arctic wolf! Too bad, maybe someday OR will be released........

Guest Anonymous User

It's not just some hack partial conversions, they were some of the coolest designed levels and interesting storylines I'd ever encountered in a Doom conversion. They were fun, and challenging. I hate to see all that go to waste. Hope he gets somebody to take over if he's really leaving!

Guest Laz

Believe me, if I could continue working on Rheingold, I would. I have great ideas for the remaining episodes, including having real Nazis such as Himmler and Goering in Episode 5, and dragons and elves in Episode 7. But everything is on the backburner for now. I don't think the majority of Doomers know what I do in real life. I'm an actor/screenwriter/filmmaker, and right now, I've got several scripts under consideration at several productions companies, plus I'm working on several new scripts. I simply don't have the time to devote to WolfenDOOM. I barely have enough time to work on all the stuff I'm currently working on. For now, Rheingold isn't cancelled, just postponed. Eventually, I hope to resume working on it, but that won't be for quite a while. --Laz

Guest Anonymous User

Actor/screenwriter/filmmaker eh, what sort of stuff have you been in / worked on?

That definitely explains why you came up with so many kick ass sets for WolfenDoom. I am a big fan of your work...Best of luck in your career, and I hope you come back to us one day.

Guest ThE NoraD

I hear you laz, Life often comes in the way of what we love to do the most, (play doom that is) But best of luck to you in your career, drop the doomworld staff a note if the stuff you direct gets finished and or released. I love to see if your productions are as good as your conversions.

Guest Anonymous User

I really love your work. Please come back. Please!

Guest Flake

I am a german DOOMer and a very big WolfenDOOM Fan, please donĀ“t stopp the project!!!!!!! Operation: Rheingold is the best DOOM I ever played (and i played a lot). PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Guest Anonymous User

Don't worry Laz, the hunger will come on you again.It's best that way as the best work will be done when there is less pressure on you. Thanks for what you've given the community so far and the best of luck in your career.

Guest Laz

Thanks to all those who've offered their best wishes. Unfortunately, I haven't been in or worked on anything visible enough for you to have heard of, but if things continue to work out for the rest of this year, hopefully that will change. In the meantime, I am thinking of doing something I was going to do earlier, and that's to release a resource wad so that people can make their own WolfenDOOM scenarios. The wad will contain only the original Wolf3D sprites, sounds, and textures so people can make scenarios in the same style as the Original and Nocturnal Missions, and the wad will include a conversion chart so that all the resources are identified.

Guest Anonymous User

Hey, I really loved your stuff. It's sad that you have to go but as long as you are coming back some time I suppose any true fan will wait for you to start working again.