Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
covaro

QDoom AVI

Here is the deal straight from Mr. Fanatic himself.

There are three versions:

320x200, 16bit/22k/stereo sound:
-QDOOM_HIFI.ZIP -about 18 megs (23megs unzipped)

320x200, 8bit/11k/mono sound:
-QDOOM_LOFI.ZIP -about 13 megs (18megs unzipped)

160x100 (very distorted), 8bit/11k/mono sound:
-QDOOM_VERY_LOFI.ZIP -about 5 megs (6megs unzipped)

http://tux.telefragged.com/index.php3?directory=%2Fdoomworld%2Ffanatic%2Fqdoom_avi/

I don't think I need to say more.

I seriously thought I was in a theater for moment there!! This is professional stuff.. How does he do it?!!

Guest Anonymous User

I need the Hurt Me Plenty skill level becuase, well, I kind of suck. I think I might be able to get through something on Ultra-Violence if I saved constantly (maybe), but that's no fun. Fanatic, please implement skill levels.

Guest Anonymous User

kickass movie! QDoom's lookin' sweet---and difficult! Just how I like it. :-)

Guest Levendis

Where does Marc Pullen's talent end? Map design--music--video editing--does anyone else wish this man would get together with level design gurus like Afterglow and texture gods like Ola to create something?
I know I do...

Guest citrus

Well, the intro was all nice and stuff, but the actual levels looked a bit dull. How about pouring some of those huge efforts into those instead of AVI's, music and 3 site updates a day? Not that I've seen them all or anything... just my opinion there.

Guest Pirx

i'm not allowed to open this file. gotta ask an admin... WTF ???

I reckon this could be the most successful/accurate 'conversion' type thingy done ever!! Then again, it was hard to make out details in 'very lo fi'... :-)

My only worry is that the 9 SP levels won't last long enough!?

Of course there will be difficulty levels implemented. Fanatic knows what he is doing!!

Guest Fanatic

QDOOM has skill levels implemented, even as far as more monsters for COOP that has 5-8 players (more ammo and monsters). It's a lot harder then normal DOOM tho, so if you're used to playing skill 3, you may want to start with skill 1 or 2. Skill 4 is VERY hard, and skill 5 will be impossible to survive on epicode 2 and 3.

The levels and areas I chose in the AVI were meant more to show off the action in the game -rain, fighting with Knights, and fighting the dogs and Grunts. I can make another AVI showing off the detailed areas, but I think that would lessen the experience.

Keep in mind, I've been working on this for just over a year, and I don't make crap. Prior to working on QDOOM, I was working on a commercial game using the Unreal engine. QDOOM is of the same quality.

This AVI is a drop in the bucket for what's in the game.

Most levels are pretty big. A few are small, but that's because I wanted some variety -some big maps, some medium, and some small. The shorter ones are still fun.

I'll do some final test runs when the game is done, but I think if you play QDOOM straight thru, it will last a few hours minimum. E2M1 will take about an hour alone.

And thanks to everyone else for the compliments. :)

Damnit, why the hell is it that Fanatic and Chief's enter keys work in messages and mine don't??

Guest Anonymous User

They don't, they use HTML tags to put in spaces.