Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Happy Birthday To Us

In ase you haven't noticed yet, today marks the second birthday of everyone's favorite Doom news site. In the past two years lots of stuff has happened around here. Remember the original site design? Our 24-hour review of Gothic DM II? The Prower fiasco? 5 Years Of Doom? Covaro on Good Morning America? The GPLing of the Doom source code? All the WADs and ports? Indulge us just this once, and post some of your Doomworld memories or congratulations in the comments.

You guys have done a good job bringing us news.

<font size="6" color="red">Happy freaking birthday.</font>

oh come on, first "incident", now "fiasco"? i'd prefer a more politically correct word, such as "the prower encounter which ended up turning out not so good".

it's not Prower either, it's prower. Prower is the last name of a certain fox, prower is me.

Guest Risen

Whatever. Does it matter?<P> Anyway, Happy birthday and hat's off to all o' ya for the great work done thus far. I hope to se it and many more wonderful DOOM projects (including mine!) in the future.

Wow! I knew March 13 was DW's birthday, but I didn't realize it until I saw today's poll! :-D Anyway, TWO YEARS?!! It seems like it's been five years. I've actually only been here about nine months!! :-o Anyway, happy 2nd birthday! You guys have been awesome at updating news!! This is the best DOOM site on the WWW! :-b

Happy Birthday you frads. Man, everyone should give Ling, Mord and Cov a big hand for all the crap they've done, it ain't easy work, I can tell ya that much. Duk too I guess, even tho he left. That hoe ;)

One of the things I still remember, and it sticks with me now for obvious reasons, was the anti-DN, pro-DW stuff that went on when DN opened up a little over a year ago. Remember Cov's big ass rant against Hanif and DN and Legacy, and how he pissed off a ton of people and shit. Man, funny thing is that I was part of the anti-DN shit, as I'm sure you could dig up a few quotes from an old irc log on #doom2 (if one exists).

Anyway, I like to think that we get along now, as both sites offer different things in the way of how news is delivered, among other things, so that might all be behind us. What do ya know, the Doom Community actually changed enough to accept something.

Of course there's still anti-DN stuff goin' around, but it's really more anti-Cyb's-annoying-headlines than anything else, but that's a whole diff thing.

Anyway, great job on two years of hard work and dedication and all that, and hopefully many more will follow...unless the world ends on May 5th or something. So, uh, have a good April!

Guest Anonymous User

i musta started comin' in here 'bout... ohhh, spring 99 i suppose. fun fun fun... didn't pay a whole lotta attention... then i went out and bought doom ][. boy was i happy. :p yes, i lead a deprived childhood. hey, money doesn't grow on trees... 'cuz if it did i'd steal some from an orchard and use the money to buy the orchard. hey, funkymonk can use that... where the hell does he get those quotes anyway...? <FONT size="1" no, i don't think it's possible to put a frog in a blender...

Guest Anonymous User

I check this site often, several times a week. Why? It is THE place to keep up with the greatest game of all-time. Good job guys!

Guest NarK

Woop-de-fawking-doo.. ..good job guys.

Guest DarkFang

I've have been in the community a little longer then doomworld itself (by weeks) and I've seen it all... Its been one hell of ride, i can tell you that much. Looking forward to another well...uhm..i dunno, how ever as long I'm in the community, certainly best place for any kind of news for anything that is or relates doom.....except DN, cause they suck (j/k Cyb, you too good work!). Oh yeah, prower, Prower, however you call it, heh, you still have the last name of Tails there prower. Heh, tails is 3l337, so take no shame in it.

Guest Terje

everyone knows its the greatest wad of all time.....

Guest Anonymous User

I still feel bad about not giving Ling props for all the work put into 5 years of DOOM. I thought that was the best coverage of DOOM's birthday on the net. And there was a hell of a lot of coverage. - Blain Newport

Guest Anonymous User

Is that Covaro?

No it's not me... and I still have a copy of huge1.wad on my HD somewhere... hehehehe... that was funny

Guest Mad Cow Disease

<FONT FACE="addict">Happy Birthday, even though I feel weird saying that to an inanimate object.</FONT>

Guest Anonymous User

I really do.

Some memories of Doomworld...

1. When DW first opened and there was basically no content - it was just a blank page I seem to remember.

2. Trying to get my site hosted here just after Doomworld opened. Obviously as you can tell it never made it.

3. Missing out on the millionth hit even though I had four windows going. I got 1,000,001 you know...

4. Mordeth cracking the shits at me for some comments on TI about DW vs. DN. Of course, I was proven right in the end. As always.

Happy Birthday Doomworld!!

Guest PennyWise

Yeah, happy freaking birthday Doomworld!! You are the greatest Doom-related site on net, and during these two years the most stable and reliable thing in the Doom Community! Hats off to Ling, Covaro and Mordeth! You deserve our congratulations! So happy birthday again, and long live DOOM!!

Guest MegaManX

Tengo un año visitando Doomworld, y en ese año me dí cuenta que es el mejor lugar de recursos y noticias para los que estamos en el mundo de Doom, el mejor video juego hecho por id software. Sigan así y hacia adelante !!!!!

I have a year visiting Doomworld, and in that year me dí account that are the best place of resources and the news for which we are in the world of Doom, the best video game done by you go software. Follow thus and forwards!!!!!

Guest cocoon

two years... I remember wjem Abode the Superfly gave me all the doomnews. What comes to my mind when thinking about these 2 years are the overload release party, how it was release through the events section and how I saw one of MY screenshots on Ola Björlings place in 5years of doom :) Oh and when I could read the story behind some songs from the doom-games. Many thanks (and where did Flood go anyways?) for all the good work Cov, Ling and Mord

Guest IcarusWing

Happy birthday guys. Keep it up...

Also, happy 3rd anniversary to my girlfriend, Clare (I meant to say that on Icarusweb, but it's down at the moment), who's even better than DooM. No, really.

Guest David_A

I think I started coming here one like the 2nd or 3rd day, or at least the first week of DWs existance. Purely by accident too, I was searching for TCs when DW came up... I shudder to think what would have happened had I not stumbled upon it!

Anyway, thanks for 2 years of consistent news updates!!

Guest Anonymous User

If i had not found DW about 4 months ago I might not be a doomer today. By the way, how does one have to do to get a hosted site around here?

Guest Anonymous User

Keep up the good work. Regards, Apollo